Chapter 5: Who's Solomon Fin

TAEHYUNG POV

I grabbed my laptop and searched for the name Solomon Fin.

Solomon Fin was a businessman in the from 1856 to 1911. He started the company Fin-industry and grew a profit in 1880. He is known for his mysterious and paranormal behavior.

Full Name: Solomon Yoongi Fin IV

Date of Birth: 1830, Harbor City

Time of Death: 1912, Woodson Hillside

Siblings: David Fin

Parents: Solomon Fin III, Vanessa Yoongi

I then searched for the cause of death.

UNKNOWN: This has been the most significant case not only in Harbor City but the whole country. He was found dead in his mansion in Woodson Hillside. All the police found was a cup of wine that we assumed was poisoned. Inside his house, all the paintings were flipped upside down and knife sticking out of the walls. Police are still looking into this case to this day.

"Okay, I'm lowkey freaked out," Jungkook said.

"Yeah, me too," I replied.

I went then went to the images of Solomon Fin. Pictures of an old man popped up, from the clothing choices he picked, Solomon was really mysterious. Most of his suits looked like a vampire cosplay, and we would wear this eyeliner to make his eyes look darker and creepy.

"Okay, I think that's enough for the images," Jungkook said.

"Yeah, let's go check out images of the mansion," I said.

I typed in Solomon Fin mansion, and this is what we found.

A mansion in the middle of a forest

"Is this the place were Jennie got murdered," Jungkook said.

"Don't say it like that, but yeah, I guess this is the place," I responded.

Jungkook and I ended up researching more about the mansion and when it was built.

Built-In: 1885

"Damn, this house is old," I said.

It was getting dark out. Jungkook and I were still up trying to solve this mystery.

"Listen, man, we are going to be up all night for this," I said.

"Okay, let me grab some coffee then," and Jungkook went to the kitchen.

While he was brewing our coffee and went ahead and went back to Solomon Fin's bio. I went on a website that theorized all the possible deaths that Solomon Fin could've gone through.

Theory 1: The Poisoned Wine

Solomon Fin was found dead in his mansion in 1912. Police have investigated that his wine cup was indeed poisoned. But the toxin levels in the poison aren't harmful to kill you. This is the most popular theory about his death.

Theory 2: Stab and Throw

This theory has been a debate quite some time. People believe that Solomon didn't kill himself with wine. Before he drank out of the cup, he had a knife in his hand. He stabbed himself and threw it at the wall. The cause of death is actually from blood loss, and the wine was just to make sure that he died. Police believe this to be true as well. Solomon was standing right across the wall, where he threw the knife.

I scrolled through theories as I skimmed across most of them. Finally, I got to the last opinion.

Theory 18: The Devil Himself

This theory is tough to believe in, as many people don't believe in ghost tales. Solomon Fin has believed in ghost his whole life and has mentioned in a letter that he would like to contact in the devil himself Satan. The possible cause of death was death by Satan's spirit. The knives, wine, and paintings were all an initiation. But who knows, this theory has a 0.00001% chance of being correct.

I read the last theory very carefully. They are saying that this theory isn't correct. But when I talked to the killer, he said that Jennie's would've been taken by a devil. Did Solomon's souls get taken too?

"Hey, what did you find," Jungkook said, bringing the coffee to the table.

"I just found theories about his death, look at the last one," I said.

Jungkook sat down and took a sip of his coffee. Just then, he coughed up and almost choked.

"T~That can't be it right," he asked.

"I don't know," I replied.

We were at a dead end again. We didn't know what do to do anymore.

"Ahhhhhhhh, what do we have to research for," I asked.

"Wait, I remember," Jungkook said.

"Remember what," I asked.

"The killer talked about how there were 3 owners of the mansion after Solomon Fin's death. And how if we found artifacts about them, we can find the demon candles, which could help us save Jennie."

"What are you trying to say," I replied.

"I think we should research some back story about the 3 owners. Maybe they could help us," Jungkook said.

I searched up owners of the Solomon Fin mansion and there popped up this link that said

3 DEAD, 3 OWNERS OF THE SOLOMON FIN MANSION DIED IN THE MOST BIZARRE WAY

Jungkook and I stared and gave each other a horrified look. I click on the links and there pops up 3 people. 2 men and 1 woman.

1st Owner After Solomon Fin: Richard Mayfield

2nd Owner After Solomon Fin: Samantha Karver

3rd Owner After Solomon Fin: Johnathan Herbert

"Well let's learn about these owners," I said.