Chapter 14: The Basement Pt. 1

(PLAY THE MUSIC ON TOP, REPLAY IT IF YOU AUDIO IS DONE)

TAEHYUNG POV

Jin and I slowly make our way into the basement. Every step we took felt like weight as being on us. Goosebumps were sent down my spine, and as we finally made it to the basement floor.

"Keep an eye out," I said.

Jin nodded, and we watched each other. I shine my flashlight around the basement and see old items that could've been back in the 1900s. Anyways, we made our way deep into the basement, and things started to feel denser. Every step Jin and I took echoed throughout the whole basement. I began to hear something, even my own racing heartbeat.

"Keep an eye out for a toy," I said.

"Okay, got it," Jin replied.

Few minutes pass, and we still couldn't find what we were looking for.

"Okay, new plan, we split up," I said.

"What? Why," Jin asked.

"Don't worry, if one of us is in trouble, just yell for help," I responded.

"But what if we can't find each other."

"Don't worry. basements aren't that big."

Right?

Anyways, Jin agreed that we split up and find this toy that I was chasing all over the house.

"Where the hell could this toy be," I mumbled.

I've circled around the basement a couple times before giving up and calling out for Jin.

"JIN!!!! WHERE ARE YOU."

There was no response. I called out his name again.

"JIN!!!! WHERE DID YOU GO," I yelled out.

Still no response. I got worried and started to circle the basement one more time to find Jin.

"He must've heard me," I said.

I shined my flashlight in all possible directions but still couldn't find him.

"Jin, this isn't funny, man, where are you," I called out again.

"Taehyung, I'm right here," Jin responded.

I quickly run over to the sound. As I running, I accidentally bump into someone.

"Owwwww," the person said.

I look up and see Jin, shining his flashlight at me.