Chapter 8: The Third Owner

Jonathan Herbert Story

JONATHAN POV

THANKSGIVING, 1975

It was a thanksgiving night, and I was hosting a big party with my family and friends that I haven't seen in a while. One of the guests that I'm inviting is a man I haven't been good with. We hated each other, and we didn't want to see each other. But that was a long time ago. Today, I was ready to set things right with him. His name is Clark Winston. Anyways, I head to the kitchen were my maids were preparing the feast.

"Is everything set," I asked them.

"Just a few more minutes and the food will be out on the table," the maid said.

"Thank you," and then I left the kitchen.

I was standing around the fireplace, feeling the heat, just waiting for the guest to arrive.

"Anytime, now," I said to myself.

*DING DONG*

I quickly make my way to the front door and open it. There, I was greeted by some in-laws and friends.

"Hello," they all greeted me.

"Hi, it's so good to see you," I replied.

They all went in and took off their shoes, hung up their coats, and made their way to the living room.

"The food will be ready soon," I said to them.

As they waited in the living room. I heard the doorbell again. I open the door and there he was.

"Hey, Jonathan," he said.

"H~hey, Clark," I replied.

I shook his head while still staring at his face. He has changed a lot.

"Long time to see," I said.

"Yeah, man," he responded.

He then walked into my house and looked around.

"Nice place you got," he said.

"Yeah, it is a nice place," I responded.

I tried to help him remove his coat, but then he pushed me off.

"No, thank you, I will keep my coat for tonight," he said.

Clark then went to the living room and began to look at the portraits and artifacts around the house.

"Nice things you have here," he said.