dandelions

videos still aren't working 😔 but this is fairly cute so fluff/ long chapter warning
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Being the daughter of the high ruler of Lé Aura had its perks— the Princess could order people around and get whatever she wanted whenever she pleased with the snap of her fingers. Having a whole Kingdom behind her in anything she did was inspiring and a good feeling, but, like everything, there was a negative side. If she were to mess up she'd be the talk of the town for months depending on how what the mistake even was. Sometimes she couldn't even be with the people she loved whenever she wanted. That was the worse.
  Her mother had a Kingdom to run, her father hadn't been in her life since she was five, and her best friends had their own duties to their parents to attend. But she could handle that since they all worked closely together. And it wasn't all bad, at least she still was able to see them almost every day (well minus her father).
There was one person she couldn't see until she had a break to sneak into the Servants corridors. Benjamin—Ben for short—was the nephew to her mother's most prized advisor. He worked as a kitchen boy to pay back his debt to his Uncle Lumeria since he took care of the boy since birth; his parents had been in an explosion that ended the old war when he was five years old (ten years ago). But luckily today Mal had managed to compromise with her mother to see her secret boyfriend by simply calling him the best chef or whatever.
"Your highness."
The princess's eyes shifted from her window to see the bus-boy standing there with a smirk on his face and a silver platter in hand. Mal returned the smirk and began her stride towards him.
"Took you long enough, I could have been attacked by an assassin and been killed." She teased him, her long white dress flowing behind her.
  "Sorry for the wait, your highness, I wasn't aware I was needed that urgently," Ben told her returning the game.
The Princess nodded and took a small trip around him observing every inch of his body. Whether she liked to admit it or not, he was easy on the eyes. Make that very easy. "A princess does need chocolate strawberries urgently right?" Snatching a strawberry she inhaled the scent of sweet, sweet, strawberry as the smell filled her nostrils.
"Good?" He asked her setting the rest of the sweet treats on the coffee table beside the couch in front of her bed.
  She nodded savoring the taste in her mouth. "Who made these?" Ben shrugged with a smile trying to creep upon his calm, attractive, face. "Did you make these?"
"Perhaps."
He leaned in for a kiss, but the witty girl quickly covered her lips by her white cherry blossom printed fan. "I 'ought to have you thrown in the dungeons for that!"
Ben stuck his tongue out at her shoulders earning a smile he adored from the young woman and sat on the comfortable couch, relaxing and sinking into the comforts of the red sofa. "I thought we were done with the cover thing already." He growled with a huff.
Mal's delicate fingers skimmed the arm of the couch as she turned to sit with him. "We're not done until I say we're done, I am the next in line after all." She told him in a joking tone as she laid beside him.
He wrapped his strong arm around her while their legs slowly tangled with each other so Mal didn't fall. Ben moved his free arm to the back of the couch and Mal's hands rested on his chest, her neck in the crook of his. The conversation they were having might as well have happened years ago. The room was filled with a peaceful silence, allowing the couple to enjoy their limited time together and take in each other's presence.
"I wish we didn't have to be in secret, I want people to know my love for you," Ben whispered to her.
The purple-haired girl took a deep breath and sat up. "That moments over." She mumbled as she lifted her body from his. "Ben you know what happened when the people found out about my grandmother's relationship with the King, she was banished for 'be-witching' him."
"Yes but that's because she was a woman and at the time Lé Aura was still being ruled by men."
With a sigh, she took his hand in hers and looked into his beautiful hazel eyes. "Maybe, just maybe, we could tell them. And I want to tell them so we don't have to live in secret anymore, but we couldn't. I'm sorry, Ben."
"Don't be," he moved so he was comfortable. "Mal, listen I'll love you no matter if we can't be public about us." He told her nudging her back to him—she shown no restraint and obliged to his gesture. "I'd hate to put you in that position anyway. The thrown or me, it'd be selfish to take that away from you. Even stupid if you chose me."
"That's for the future." She snuggled closer to him.
The positive mood of the room had vanished into thin air at this point and she hated it. What was a cheery atmosphere was now filled with dread about telling people. But maybe she could help out with that...
"Maybe it's the way you say my name Maybe it's the way you play your game" she began softly. "But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine" she rose from their position standing. "'Cause I'm in a field of dandelions Wishing on everyone that you'll be mine, mine" she reached her hand for his, he took it. She pulled him close and smiled.
"And I see forever in your eyes I feel okay when I see you smile, smile Wishing on dandelions all of the time"
The two began to dance in sync.
"Praying to God that one day you'll be mine
Wishing on dandelions all of the time, all of the time I think that you are the one for me 'Cause it gets so hard to breathe When you're looking at me" her hands migrated to his neck from his hands.
"I've never felt so alive and free When you're looking at me I've never felt so happy And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine 'Cause I'm in a field of dandelions
Wishing on everyone that you'll be mine, mine" he spun her in a circle causing the girl to giggle and the boy to smile.
"And I see forever in your eyes I feel okay when I see you smile, smile Wishing on dandelions all of the time Praying to God that one day you'll be mine Wishing on dandelions all of the time, all of the time Dandelion, into the wind you go Won't you let my darling know? Dandelion, into the wind you go
Won't you let my darling know that?"
She separated from him by spinning a few feet from him. "I'm in a field of dandelions Wishing on everyone that you'll be mine, mine And I see forever in your eyes I feel okay when I see you smile, smile Wishing on dandelions all of the time Praying to God that one day you'll be mine" she danced on her own for a while before running back to him.
"Wishing on dandelions all of the time, all of the time I'm in a field of dandelions Wishing on everyone that you'll be mine, mine"
Finishing, Mal kissed her man's lips and smiled.
"I love you." He mumbled against her soft lips.
She separated—their hot breaths mingled—and she smiled at him. The rise and fall of her chest was a fast rhythm, trying to regain her lost breath. Her hand ran through his auburn hair and she placed her forehead against his.
The princess placed a gentle kiss on the busboys lips and grinned as she separated. "I-"
"Princess? Princess are you in there, your mother request your company immediately."
"Are you sure she needs me now? I'm kinda busy picking up my room..?" She questioned if the lie would pass judgement but knew it wouldn't against Lumeria. He could tell if anyone was lying; it's truly a wonder how he hasn't found out about his nephew's secret girl.
  "Nonsense! I'll send in maids to pick up your room, your highness."
  She looked back to Ben and hid her face in his chest, screaming in announce. Although her screams were muffled she still heard a small chuckle from the busboy, thus a smile crept upon her angered face. "Stay in here, the meeting shouldn't long."
  "And if it does you know where to find me." With one last kiss on her lips, Ben quickly left the room by a secret passage only Mal and he knew about.
  The Princess placed her fingers on her warm lips where his used to be. The ghost of his presence still lingered her even as she walked with Lumeria to meet with her mother in the throne room. She prayed the meeting would be over quickly, she truly did wish to be with Ben again.