Part Four- Dont worry, just join

"How was your practice..?"
I asked trying to make conversation and break the awkward silence

He cleared his throat and nodded "Good- good!"

I laughed "How-how-how about.. you?" Peter asked.
I shrugged "Not very eventful but my dad canceled my sleepover plans since it's a school night"

Peter nodded "Hey so uh homecomi-"

Happy pulled up and it hit me that peter knew happy so it was about to get real complicated.

Peter paused seeing the car.

I gestured to him to stop at the entrance but he didn't understand but understood once he pulled up. He quickly hid his face.

"Bye peter it was good talking to you! Hope your aunt comes to get you!"

I walked off stressed not knowing I left my bag.
I got in the car and was about to close the door but peter came over and handed me my bag. He saw happy and expressed a confused look

"Thanks- Uh- bye"

I slammed the door and happy drove off.

"Shit"
I said having my head in my hand.

"I'm sure he didn't see right"

I nodded trying to convince myself.
"Tomorrow's conversation is going to be so confusing"

When I got home I ran straight to my room. I showered and got into a comfy PJs.

I sat on my bed and looked up at the ceiling.

Every time I think about telling anyone who my dad is.. it seems so scary liked they'd judge me or they wouldn't keep it a secret or even not be my friend anymore.

But I feel like there's something different with peter.

I grabbed a pillow and hugged it.
I want to tell Peter who my family is. He knows them. And I know him... I've known him. I'd see when he'd spam my dad or happy with texts of what he did. I would be the one to tell my dad when his phone was just lying around and it was the cutest thing.

I remember every time my dad would be talking about the work Peter did... I was excited to hear what happened and what went on with their day.

I sighed and decided to just sleep.

The next morning Peters Pov-

I had just come to the conclusion with myself that she just had an uncle that looked a lot like happy.

I and Ned walked out of the bus. I saw y/n walking into school with those cheerleader girls and the ones I bumped into that one time.

I went over to her to ask her about the homework.

"Hey y/n-"

She turned around but then walked away.

Oh..?

She walked over to one of the football guys and gave him a big hug. She grabbed on to his hand as they talked which made me feel really weird.

"Peter let's just go to class"
Ned said.

Y/ns pov-
I walked into school after having a great conversation with the girls about clothes. I heard my name and turned around.
Peter.. I'm sorry I can't explain now.

I walked away then saw one of the football players who had come back to school after healing from an injury who was going to play tonight.

Later-
It was PE.
I had to deal with peter. But did I..?

If he asks me again about it then I'll answer but if not then I'll just leave him alone.

My day went on without a peep from peter.

I got home and went to my dad. "Hey, don't you have Peter's number?"

He nodded "Yeah"
He handed me his phone and I got Peter's number on my phone.
"Wait Y/n we need to talk-"

I ran upstairs and called peter.

He answered.
"Hi! It's y/n. I was wondering if you wanted to come to the football game- I mean I'll be cheerleading but if you come I can like get you front row. I don't know if you're interested in that.. stuff"

I obviously caught him off guard.

"Uh, y-yeah I'll-ill go. I- um I heard that it's gonna be like the biggest game this year... but if you want to go I-I-I'll go.."
"You will? Ok And you can bring Ned if you want and we can like get food after or something"

He laughed happily "Yeah!"

I bit my bottom lip then hung up.

Just then my dad knocked on my door "Hm?"
"I and your mom want to come to see you cheerleading.. we'll be 'disguised' though don't worry"

I smiled "really?" He nodded "cool! But I invited Peter and Ned to go so your gonna have to be careful" "speaking of, what's the deal with you two" "I don't know. We're like sorta friends"

He nodded "I was also thinking Me, Lexi, and the girls could have a sleepover after since today isn't a school day"

He shrugged and closed the door.

I jumped up and down excited for everything to come.

I did my makeup, curled my hair, and put it into a perfect ponytail, put on my uniform, put on my shoes, and grabbed my Pom poms.

I ran downstairs and left. My parents were going to come later.

I went out to the football field and saw the girls stretching. The football boys were there too.

I waved to the football boys and then ran over to Lexi. I ran into her arms and gave her a big hug. "I'm so excited!" Lexi said

I agreed then started to stretch and warm-up.