Part Ten-Awkward Conversation

In the past week, I had decided to help with the homecoming committee, it got me out of most of my classes and I was taking a break from cheer so next best thing.

As I was out in the hallways going to the gym to help set up I ran into peter
"Oh hi..."
"Hey..."

We both stood there awkwardly for a few seconds until Peter said
"I'm sorry.. for blowing you off all this time. I-I was really upset and.. it was just a lot"
"I get it. Having my dad take away the thing that means the most to you means you hate me and him"
"I didn't- I don't hate you.. but Um it wasn't cool for me to do that because I-I uh.. I like you" peter said looking at the trophy case in front of us
"I could kinda tell.."
I said back

We both were smiling so much. "I would ask to hang out but I have detention for like.. ever"
Peter said and I giggled and he looked down at his hall pass then back at me.

"Um, I'm guessing you have a date to homecoming?"
Peter asked
"I don't.. I guess I've been more focused on helping with it I haven't really... thought about that"
Peter started to walk back to his class but then noticed he was going the wrong way and went the other way.

Later-
Once I was at home Liz had the idea of me, Peter, her, and her date all going together. Me and peter were excited so we just said we would.

I shuffled through my closet looking for a dress. I picked one out and put it out. I did my hair and makeup then waited downstairs since Peter was going to meet at my house first.

I stood against a wall near the door looking at my phone. There were movers and a bunch of people in our house cause it was moving day, it was really weird though.

I went outside and saw a car pull up. Peter walked out of the car and came over to me.
"You look... great.."
I smiled "Thank you"
He looked down to a corsage box he was holding
"Oh- this is for-for you"
He handed me the box and I put it on
"Um.. should we go?"
Peter nodded and we both went into his aunt's car.

"Thank you for driving Ms.Parker."
I said trying to make conversation
"Oh, it's no problem at all!"

We got to Liz's house and walked to the door.

Her dad opened the door and I smiled. Peter looked like he'd seen a ghost.

I grabbed peters hand and whispered to him
"You ok?"

He nodded slowly not taking his gaze off Liz's dad.

They shook hands and Liz came over
"Hey, guys!"
"Hey, Liz. Your dress is super cute"

She smiled "kay are we all ready to go?"
I nodded and her date did too but peter still frozen.
"Wait wait- I have to get pictures"
Her mom said.

We all huddled together and posed, peter still very frozen.

Liz's dad said he would drive us but peter seemed weirded out by that idea. Her dad was going out of town so he wanted to take us.

While we walked out I grabbed peters hand and he was squeezing my hand really tight, something was definitely wrong I just couldn't tell what was wrong.

We go in the car and I posted some pictures to insta I had taken. They were all talking but I wasn't listening.

We were at a light and there were horns honking
"Um, daddd.. the light.."
Liz said.
Me and Liz looked at each other.

I texted her
"Omg your dad and Peter are being so weird"
"Yes, fr. I'm so confused rn"
"Same girl same"

We had got to the school but Liz's dad wanted to talk to peter.

I waited at the door for peter but they were talking for a while so I just went inside.