Part Twenty-Six: All about dresses and messes

I walked back home and went inside. No one was around. But then Rhodey walked over.

"Hey!"
I said seeing him and held my backpack
"Look at me go my legs are heeling faster then I expected!"

I smiled. I went to my room and sat down on my bed putting my backpack beside it.

Someone had knocked on my door right as I laid down. I groaned and opened the door

"I'm going to buy a wedding dress. Do you wanna come"

In shock, I just stared at her.

"Wha- this early- you getting your wedding dress this early?!"

She nodded "I've always seen other ladies getting other girls together and going to those really fancy dress departments to try on clothes so I thought you could come"

"Of course I want to come!"
I said excitedly.
"I thought I'd bring Wanda to considering I don't have many ladies I know"

I nodded and my mom said "Go change and we'll go"

Everything about my parents getting married was still under the wraps even for me. They didn't announce when they were getting married but only that they were. They didn't want anyone to know about it for it to get ruined.

I changed into some cuter clothes and fixed my hair. Then, my mom, Wanda, went to a dress boutique and got a small little room. While my mom was searching for the dresses I heard the door open. I looked up from my phone and saw Natasha.

"Nat- What?!"

Natasha smiled and I ran over and gave her a big hug.

"What are you doing here?"
I asked
"Well me and your mom are good friends and I couldn't miss her trying on wedding dresses"

She sat down with me and Wanda and I was so happy she was here. Nat always thought my middle name was Natasha, after her. But my mom had just said it was so she wouldn't hate me when I was born.
I've always felt so close to the avengers I was honestly really upset when I heard that they were all fighting each other. At least I can still see some of them.
it's weird how things work out sometimes

My mom and the dress lady walked back into the room. My mom was wearing one of the dresses. It was long and pretty boring. But boring is what my mom wanted.

We watched my mom as she came in and out of the room in different dresses.
While my mom was picking out some more dresses to try on I had an idea to mess and around and try dresses myself.

My mom had gotten the place booked out so we could do whatever wanted plus she didn't want strangers to see her there and make a whole mess out of it.

I went up to the lady sitting at the front desk

"Hi, miss. I was wondering if I could.. um- I could try on some dresses."

The lady looked at me oddly for a moment but then smiled "Oh of course. I remember being a kid and seeing all the fancy dresses in shop and just wanting to see what I looked like in them"

I chuckled and came beside me.

"So what kind of dresses do you like. I can show you normal dresses or wedding dresses"
"I don't want to get into wedding dresses... Um.. can I try on some princess-like dresses"

She nodded and took me over to the back room. She showed me their princess type dresses and I picked up a beautiful pastel pink poofy dress that wasn't too crazy but also wasn't boring. It had a sparkly corset and fluffy sleeves.

We went to a back room and she helped me into the dress.

"Have you gone to prom or homecoming this year?"
She asked me now tightening the back of the corset.

"Yeah I had homecoming but- well I liked this guy and then he asked me to homecoming but he bailed out on me cause his job needed him to do something that night and he's really passionate about his job"

The lady sighed "Are you two dating now"

I lowered my voice and nodded "We were dating then got broken up but I'm not supposed to be with him but I am- I just a whole mess"

The lady laughed and stood in front of me
"You are one crazy girl"

I laughed too then looked in the mirror.

"Twirl"
The lady said to me so I did.
"Is it expensive?"

The lady shook her head "That back area I took you to is all our out of stock dresses but we like to keep one that is a bit messed up or just out of date. I thought you might like this one"

"Too bad my mom already picked out our dresses"
"You'd definitely steal your mom's spotlight if you wore this one"

We both laughed then she helped me take it off.

I kept looking at the dress thinking about homecoming.

"Redo homecoming.. "
Was the thought that popped into my head.

"Can-can I have the dress.."

"Of course. And no cost at all. I'll get it packaged up and give it to you in a bit"

I smiled and went back into the room my mom, Nat, and Wanda was in.

"I found the dress"
She said to me motioning at the dress she was wearing.

It's the most boring wedding dress I've seen in my life

"Pretty"
I said.