xiii. poppy

Smoke consumed the area Bailey was sat at

Smoke consumed the area Bailey was sat at. Her mouth blew the smoke of her cigarette out as her fingers were laced with a bottle of Tequila, she felt at peace right now. As she continued to drink the small bottle and smoke the cigarette, she debated whether to go to class or just go home.

Jumping from the wall, Bailey threw the cigarette onto the floor and put the tequila into her bag. Though, before she could walk away, she was approached by Freddie. She wanted to smile at his presence, but after his plain ignorance yesterday, she didn't smile.

She quickly turned the other way, ready to walk away, but his hands latched onto her still-bruised hips. "What do you want?" Bailey questioned as he turned her around; looking into her large, brown eyes. "I'm sorry. . ." Freddie apologised, Bailey nodded her head
before turning around and walking away.

"I'm sorry I ignored you. I'm a twat. . ." Freddie shouted towards her. Bailey chuckled at his statement before stopping in her steps, turning on her heel of her boots to face him. "At least you got one thing right," Bailey told him before walking towards him. Freddie's face lit him, watching with eager as she inched closer towards him.

"You know how mean it was? Knowing we fucked, and spent that time together, to having you ignore me? Not one word was spoke to me, Freddie," Bailey explained as she leaned against the wall, Freddie staring at her as she spoke, "Why?" Questioned Bailey.

"I don't know. I suppose being in the shed, where we, you know. . . Made me awkward. And knowing Effy was sat there — on our couch, made it somewhat weird," Freddie explained, Bailey raising one eyebrow to the word 'our.' Bailey nodded her head before kissing his lips slightly, hoping nobody was around to see. "Don't let it fucking happen again, okay, dickhead?" Bailey warned him with her finger.

"I won't. Can we go back to my nickname being Freds, and not dickhead," He placed emphasis on the word.

"Oh, but, dickhead suits you so much better," Bailey joked as she linked her fingers around his, walking to class together.

As they entered the classroom, their fingers split from one another, and the teacher stared at them whilst she went quiet. "Got held up," Freddie lied as the two of them took their seats in the English class. "Always late. . ." The teacher said before they both apologised in sync. Cook spun around, facing Bailey.

Throughout the class, Bailey only doodled some random stuff onto her notebook. Yet, every once in a while, she felt the slight tap of Cook's knee against her leg -him keeping it there sometimes- and his fingers reaching her thighs, her waist, sometimes her heat.

"Cook. . ." She whispered as he placed his fingers on her. If she didn't want him to, she would detest. But something within her is making her not detest otherwise.

When the bell rang, Bailey decided that was the last of college she could take for the day. Arriving home, Bailey decided to some days within the caravan and clear her messy mind.

The caravan was clean, and her mind was somewhat better, but she hadn't eaten in days. She always forgot to eat — something was always overcoming that part of her brain. When she got out of bed with a groan, she heard the sound of her phone ringing.

"I'm in Bristol," The voice was immediate. And she knew exactly who is was. The sound sent Bailey into panic mode, it was her mum, it was Charlie. "Well, fuck off out of it then," Responded Bailey, the only way she knew how to against her mum — with cruelty.

Her feet dragged around the caravan, "Poppy, please, please, l—listen to me." Bailey closed her eyes, trying not to let her emotions overpower her. Her eyes glistened with water and her nose began to snuggle, "Why should I, mum? All you do is come back, take my money, spend it on all sorts of drugs, and then fuck off again." Bailey explained, letting a few tears fall into her bare, rosy cheeks.

"I've changed. I've changed, Poppy. I promise, I've changed. Where are you, Poppy?" Charlie spoke down the phone in urgency and desperation. Bailey shook her head before wiping her eyes, feeling her voice break as she tried to speak. "I'm not bringing you here. I don't need you to know where I am. If you need me, I'll come to you," The words shattered Bailey, but she needed closure on her mum.