xxxii. pub

With a little glance of her cleavage, Bailey placed herself down into the pub with an lemonade and Vodka after searching for some sense of knowingness about this small town

With a little glance of her cleavage, Bailey placed herself down into the pub with an lemonade and Vodka after searching for some sense of knowingness about this small town. And the pub happened to be the place. But, the uneasiness began to enter Bailey again as the pub began to become crowded with unknown people.

After overhearing some conversations, Bailey discovered that there was some sort of race that JJ had entered, therefore won. Bailey would've killed to see Cook's face when he found out JJ had won, that was the whole reason for her being so giggly and giddy. Though she didn't want to be around the boys, she couldn't help herself but clap and cheer for the success of JJ winning the race.

Standing on the table, she lifted up JJ's hand in victory. That was before everything was soon ruined by Cook. "You fucking dick! You've lost my dad's boat, her. . . I've got fuck all now, you—" Cook was then cut off by JJ grabbing his nagging finger, Bailey furrowing her brows.

"This is the wushu finger hold. I learnt it in a book off a film," JJ explained before Freddie walked up to the both of them, JJ also grabbing his finger as he tried to break the two apart.

"I'm pretty sure if I apply the correct pressure, your eyes pop out," The ridiculous statement sounded from JJ's mouth, Bailey jumped down from the table and picked up her vodka like it was popcorn for a movie. "J, my eyes aren't going to pop out. . ." Freddie told him, trying to wash some sense into JJ's head about the 'wushu finger hold.' Freddie tried to pull his finger away but JJ wouldn't loosen his grip on it. "Do you really want to take that chance?" Asked JJ, Cook than chuckled causing the whole group of them to laugh also.

"Let's not air our dirty laundry in public, boys. You too," JJ said before facing Effy and Bailey. Bailey chuckled at the description of the situation before the five of them made their way towards a private room within the pub.

Shoving the two onto chairs, Bailey sat with her legs crossed.

"JJ, mate—" He was cut off by JJ, "Now, let's get down to it. No more evasion. No more, ooh I'm so fit and mysterious and no more girls obsessed with Vodka and lemonades but I'm so pretty. Now, Freddie, he's in love with you. Both of you, actually. Aren't you, Freddie?" JJ explained, Bailey cocked her head sideways as he described her in the best way possible — she was obsessed with that drink.

JJ then turned to the brunette, watching as Freddie stayed silent and rolling his eyes before JJ repeated the question, in which he got a head-nod in return.

"And, Cook, he loves you both, yes?" Cook nodded his head before turning it away slightly. Fuck, they love Bailey. Why hadn't they said something earlier? This situation could've been avoided.

"Just for the record, I love you too, Eff. Sorry, Bails, I view you more as a sister. So, three boys, two girls — it's an insoluble equation, unless you choose. Then we can finally get back to our lives," JJ handed them the problem on a stick, and the answer to solve it.

"J, this isn't some fucking pick and mix, or game. This is real life," Bailey told them, the three boys staring at her.

"And you lead to boys on, Bails. I'm sorry," JJ apologised for his response. Bailey nodded her head before Effy looked between the boys and then towards Bailey.

She sat there quietly, had she lead them both on without realising? Only now was she realising how fucked up all of this was.

"Fuck all of yous," Cook exclaimed before wanting escape the private room. "Cook, Cook, no!" JJ shouted after him, "Your Prince Charming made a bet on you — said whoever wins the race gets to keep you. Classy, eh?" Bailey sighed before she tilted her head down to the ground, shifting uncomfortably within the chair.

"I knew nothing about this. Cook, stay."

Cook shook his head, "No. I'm not living on my fucking knees anymore, man." He then finally escaped the situation, JJ chasing after him.

Bailey watched as Effy and Freddie stared at each other. She already knew, he chose her. Bailey cleared her throat before standing up and wiping her stuffy hands onto the pads of her jeans, "I'm going to go find Cook. . . With JJ," Announced Bailey. Freddie wanted to interrupt but Effy shook her head, allowing Bailey to leave.