xxxiv. happy ever after

The rest of the night was spent laying on a random bench, Cook and Bailey expressing how much they cared about each other and the little things they noticed about one another

          The rest of the night was spent laying on a random bench, Cook and Bailey expressing how much they cared about each other and the little things they noticed about one another. The conversation warmed Bailey up with a sense of love. . . Something she didn't feel often, with anybody until she met Cook and Freddie.

Their eyes casted across the sunrise, their bodies entwined as they cuddled on the bench whilst feeling the air finally warm. "Wanna go to the boat?" Cook asked, Bailey remembered him mentioning a boat in their conversation last night but she was too tired to remember what he said exactly, so she just nodded her head in agreement as he took her towards the boat.

"Dad, Dad!" Cook shouted, watching as his dad was trying to start the boat. "I thought we was going to take this time by storm, you and me. Also, Bailey. . ." Stated Cook as he jumped into the boat, helping Bailey on by her waist so she wouldn't trip and fall.

"I'm not letting that twat take my boat," His dad explained before Bailey furrowed her brows as she realised how much she has missed with Cook. "Can't we just come with you then?" Asked Cook, Bailey could hear the pain within his voice — Cook wanted a relationship with his dad; a better one.

"Look, I didn't ask for this, I didn't ask you to turn up here. There's no fucking space," His dad said, walking away before Cook took the key from the engine. Bailey looked at the boat, it wasn't massive but it definitely wasn't small. Three people could fit on it. She looked at Cook, placing herself next to him once he had sat down before noticing how shaky his hands were.

"The fuck you doing? Give me the keys," Cook's dad said before Cook shook his head in response, "No." Bailey sighed as she watched the scene unfold — she didn't want to involve herself with this, it is Cook's dad, but if she needed to, she would. "Let me tell you something, James. I never fucking wanted you in the first place. So, give me the keys and get off the fucking boat," Bailey snapped her eyes towards his dad. What a fucking prick.

"Give me the fucking keys!" His dad was getting angrier now, Bailey's hand curling into a ball. She watched as Cook detested even more, watching as he broke down into tears. She immediately comforted him: wiping his tears, kissing his forehead, offering him smiles and holding his hand.

Suddenly, his dad showed up with a flare.

His dad snarled, "Now, give me the keys, or I'm going to melt your fucking face off. Be sensible, son, I'll fucking do it to you and your little girlfriend over here. . ." Bailey chuckled, she didn't believe a word he was saying — Bailey thought her mother was bad, but Cook's dad was worse. "Don't dare," Cook replied, his hand gripping tighter onto Bailey's.

"I'll fucking do it. I don't give a fuck," His dad said, the flare closer to Cook's face than ever.

Bailey thought quick, she stood and grabbing a rock from the ground besides the boat. Her hand lifted and she smashed it onto Cook's dads head, both of them watching as he fell to the ground; unconscious. "Only I would know how to smash a rock on someone's head," Bailey joked as she dropped the rock onto the floor, not caring if it hit his dad.

Bailey placed herself next to Cook again before removing the key that was cutting his hand from the tight grip. Her lips connected with his slightly as he kissed back immediately, both tasting his salty tears, their foreheads joining together before the shouts of Freddie, Effy and JJ could be heard.

"Shit. . ." Freddie said once he saw Cook's dad laying on the floor. They dragged his body down onto the lower part of the boat, all staring at this body.

"This is bad," Freddie stated, "Fuck! Cook, are you alright?" Bailey flicked her eyes between the three of them — why did she have to knock his dad unconscious? Throwing him off the boat was a simpler conclusion to the whole thing.

"He didn't mean it. What's the fucking difference? Nothing good ever stays with me," Cook stated before Bailey looked at him; offended. Her throat was cleared as she was about to speak but Freddie beat her to it, "You've got me, JJ. . . Bailey." Bailey nodded her head — she chose him.

"Can't believe we just went granny racing," Freddie said before the three of them laughed together. "I had it all planned out, man. Get the boat of our own, moor ur down here, a job, everything, with her. She wasn't even the one I needed," Cook explained with a laugh before the two smiled at how much he loves Bailey.

"So, it's okay if I have her?" Asked Freddie with a tint of hope to his question. Cook stayed silent as his eyes pierced into Bailey, nodding his head, "Yeah. It's okay."

After a couple more minutes of conversation, everyone decided it was time to go home. Back to Bristol. They rushed to free the boat from their ties before the intimidating sound of men chasing them came into ear-shot. Their laughs filled the air with the desperate and failed attempts of the men, but soon their laughs quietened when Cook's dad made his way to the top of the boat.

He rubbed the back of his head, "It's all right, you little fucks. Wankers! Fuck you, I'm Cook, you shithead. I'm Cook! Come here, I knew you wouldn't let me down son, eh? I'm Cook, you fuckers. I'm Cook!" Everyone stared at him in shock, who the fuck did he just announce himself as?

Disgust filled Bailey's face. "No. I'm Cook," Cook announced before pushing his dad from the boat, the sound of his body hitting the water sounded like a sweet melody to Bailey.

Cook bought Freddie into a hug, Bailey smiling when realising they were all friends again. "For the record, Effy, I don't forgive you for nearly killing me, with a rock," Bailey told the brunette-haired girl as she sat down on the boat's chairs — JJ handed her a beer. Effy nodded her head in understanding, she knew it was going to be an heard thing to accept for Bailey.

Cook sat down besides Bailey, taking a sip of her beer and wrapping his arm around her waist. Happy cheers filled the air, everyone happy as they were friends again.

Happy ever after.