xxi. beware the moon

The nights events were still mushy in Bailey's mind

          The nights events were still mushy in Bailey's mind. A headache grew in her head as her gave symptoms of a hangover, it reminded how much she needed to slow down in drinking when she was annoyed, agitated, sad, happy. . . Any emotions, really. Looking at her appearance, she nodded her head before placing some gum in her mouth.

She walked over to the car waiting for her on the caravan car-park, Bailey had loosened up with letting people know where she truly lived. Once, Bailey was ashamed to be living singly within a caravan — it wasn't an ideal place for a teenager but she realised that people didn't care where she lived, as long as she was safe.

Opening the back seat, Freddie saw her. He flicked his eyes upwards and took in her saccharine scent before shifting slightly to allow her more room, Bailey entered the car and offered Freddie a small smile.

They hadn't spoke, not even a phone call or message to one another. When the car started, the awkward silence between them all ended as everyone laughed and began to chat. Bailey stayed silent because she didn't want to talk, she just wanted to stare at the atmosphere that they drove by.

Though she was soon removed from that daze as she felt a tap on her shoulder. Bailey moved her head and looked at JJ, he stared down at her with a smile and his precious, blue eyes. "I'm sorry for Cook. I didn't know he was going to tell all of the truth," JJ apologised for his friends actions, Bailey shook her head before turning to Freddie besides her.

He wasn't looking at her, his attention on the conversation at hand. "Don't apologise for his words, JJ. It wasn't you," Bailey told the blue-eyed boy before smiling at him, JJ nodded his head. He didn't quite understand anything that was happening — why was his friends fighting in the love cube?

Soon, the people in the car broke out into an argument once realising Katie had been giving Effy the wrong directions.

Bailey could only laugh the situation, she wasn't any good at reading a map or directions so she understood where Katie was coming from. When they pulled up at an empty petrol station, Bailey decided to unbuckle herself. "I need a drink," She said before jumping out of the car and walking over to the small store that belonged on the premise of the petrol station.

Bailey grabbed a water, looking to find the owner of the store. "Hello?" She asked out, trying to catch someone's attention to serve her. "Is anyone in? I have to buy this water," Announced Bailey, knowing she could easily steal it.

"Um, okay. . ." Bailey placed the money for the water down onto the counter before opening it. Turning around, she felt herself bump into a hard body, the water bottle dropping from her fingertips as the water splashed everywhere.

Bailey winced at the cool sensation of the water splash at her skin; wiping it up. The man in front of her chuckled at her, noticing her white vest becoming see through. "Stupid twat, why didn't you fucking move?" Questioned Bailey as she looked up at the man — his appearance wasn't the most welcoming but it didn't stop her from arguing.

Bailey only rolled her eyes when he ignored her, trying to step out of the shop but the man stepped back when she stepped forwards. "Let me out," Bailey told him.

She grabbed the handle of the door, his hand wrapping over hers before he pushed the door shut again. "Fucking move!" Bailey Exclaimed as she kicked his thigh, watching as the man flinched and let go of her hand, giving Bailey enough time to run from the shop before he grabbed her wrist; tightly.

"Ow, you fucking prick!" Bailey told him, wincing as he dragged her body across the petrol station. Finally, Bailey managed to get her hand away from him as she wrapped it between her other fingers — watching as the placement of his fingers began to redden on her skin.

Suddenly, a gunshot sounded out in the area. Bailey screamed slightly, watching as the bullet missed her and landed just beside her. Bailey turned her head upwards to find a man standing with a gun, and Freddie's face full of worry. "You made me miss! I've never missed before," Another man said, walking up towards Bailey.

"Shame," Bailey spat, "Guess you aren't as good as thought, huh?" Freddie only rolled his eyes at her sass, the man in front of her smirking as he liked her words. The footsteps of Freddie could be heard from behind them, his hands grabbing at her waist.

"She's sorry. . ." Freddie apologised for Bailey. She shook her head with a laugh, wanting to detest his words but deciding otherwise. "Beware the moon!" One of the men warned, watching as Freddie dragged Bailey into the car and driving off when Effy entered the car.

When they were beginning to drive, Pandora's heavy breathing could be heard. "Panda?" Katie asked, watching as Pandora couldn't control her breathing. "Panda?" Effy asked once noticing as well, everyone now started to become worried.

"It's them, it's them!" Thomas shouted as he notched their car pulling close to them. The car settled besides them, staring to threaten the teenagers with a gun handing from the window. Everyone screamed for Effy to quicken the pace of the car, to escape the dangerous men.

But, the men didn't do anything. The car stopped in front of them, flicking a cigarette from the window before driving away.

"I think we should go home," Pandora said, her breathing becoming more controlled but she was still frightened from the events. "Well, they're gone, now. We're safe, as long as we beware the moon. . ." Freddie joked of the situation. The car was silent, but Bailey couldn't contain her laughter as she began to chuckle — everyone following along.

"Why are you laughing? It's not fucking funny!" Katie exclaimed, watching at everyone laugh around her. Freddie leaned forward in the middle seat, reaching Katie from behind. "All right, babes, chill out," Freddie said before placing a chaste kiss on her lips.

Bailey froze. What the fuck was that? Her fingers picked at her nails, were they together? Freddie leaned back in his seat, his arm grazing against Bailey's bare one before she looked up at him already staring at her.