xv. useless

It wasn't easy covering up the bruise that formed on Bailey's face

          It wasn't easy covering up the bruise that formed on Bailey's face. No amount of make-up, hair in her face, hands to cover her talking would hide the fact she had a arrangement of yellow and purple colours painted onto her nose — so instead, Bailey decided there was no point in covering it up.

Reaching the school gates, Bailey dropped the cigarette within her fingers onto the floor before standing on it to put it out. Her mouth drew a long breath in, wishing she had more than just a cigarette to calm the nerves that were racketing her emotions.

She walked into the college, feeling overwhelmed as her friends: Effy, Naomi and Pandora all stared at the bruise on her face. When she reached them, Pandora raised her hand to touch the bruise. Bailey smiled softly as Pandora traced her fingers along the outside of it, "What happened, B?" Pandora asked with a new nickname.

Bailey didn't know what to reply. Did she tell them it was her mum? "Nothing. I got drunk the other night, fell right onto my counter — nose bleeding and everything," Bailey lied in her best attempt as she raffled her hair, hoping it would cover the bruise somehow. "Shit. Why'd you get drunk alone? I would've joined you," Naomi mentioned before taking a bite into some grapes.

Bailey smiled slightly before shaking her head, hearing racket of noises falling from behind them. "What's going on over there?" Naomi asked Effy, Effy looked straight forwards at Naomi once saying, "Nothing." Bailey furrowed her brows, Pandora opened her mouth to speak but Effy soon cut her off.

Bailey wondered her eyes over to where Effy was looking so intently at. She frowned, Effy was staring at Freddie. Bailey nodded her head, why? "Bails, you okay? What happened?" Emily asked as she noticed the bruise upon her flesh, Bailey cleared her throat to block herself from future daydreams, "Drunk. Counter. Blood. Everywhere."

Suddenly, screams filled the community area of the college as the lights turned off. "In ancient times before the now, there was an almighty blazing row, between two kingdoms tall and proud. How to decide this without blood?" Then, the lights turned on, revealing nothing to be happening and people soon started to ridicule this teacher with their laughs.

"Right, settle down everyone. Thank you, Doug, fascinating introduction," They all soon started to whisper, obviously taking the piss out of the professor's sudden appearance in the area. "Let's put it to a vote!" Whispering again.

"Okay, it's simple. We want a student president. This will be a democratically empowered position for a talented individual to proactively seek excellence matters of student representation. And you, my little education consumers, will choose this president by vote. The election is next week so if you wish to stand, please see Doug after assembly," The teachers soon left, leaving everyone to talk about what had just happened. How useless it was to them.