xxiv. black

The argument had sent Bailey dizzy

The argument had sent Bailey dizzy. She wanted to closer her ears — shut them off from the many voices talking, her mind begging to run away from the situation as it was the best thing she could do to escape. Everyone now knew how Freddie and she had slept together, and now they knew about her and Cook.

Effy couldn't handle it, it was too overwhelming for her as she left the group to run into the woods. Bailey bit on her lip, she looked around at everyone before taking another step. "Bails, don't think about going after her. It's too dangerous," Freddie warned her before she scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"If you want to tell someone what to do and don't do, go into the woods and find your girlfriend, okay?" Bailey said; harshly. She regretted it, but she was angry at the whole thing Cook had ruined. So, she decided to take that anger out on Freddie. "I'm going to find her. Don't come after me," Bailey said as she flicked her eyes between Cook and Freddie.

They both stared at her with worry, Bailey wasn't in the right set of mind but who was? Bailey took in a breath as she entered the blackened forest, shouting out at the top of her lungs for the brunette-haired girl.

The wind began to pick up, it whistling through the leaves of the trees and hitting her bare skin. Reaching her up to her flesh, she tried to find an ounce of warmth beneath her fingertips as her feet hurt with every step she took.

Bailey knew this wasn't smart. However, she wanted to find Effy — prove how much she did care and that, though she didn't regret, sleeping with Freddie shouldn't change their friendship of many years. "Eff!" The nickname rung out into the words, almost echoing around her.

Unexpectedly, Bailey grunted as she felt her body fall to the floor. "Oh, my God," Bailey said as she saw Effy on top of her. "Where'd you go? Are you okay?" Questioned Bailey, watching as tears flooded down her cheeks as it ruined the make-up beneath the water.

"You slept with Cook. . . and Freddie," Effy confirmed as she repeated Cook's words. It was almost like she needed the confirmation to be from Bailey's lips, and to hear them fall from Effy's mouth as well. Bailey cleared her throat, feeling as Effy wiggled underneath her as she grabbed something from between the twigs.

"I did. Effy, you have to listen—" Then everything went black as Bailey fell unconscious.