xxxiii. i choose you *

After deciding together, JJ and Bailey thought it was the best idea to split up when looking for Cook

After deciding together, JJ and Bailey thought it was the best idea to split up when looking for Cook. He could be anywhere right now and the two of them searching together would only take longer to find him. . . However, she soon found him when she heard his yelling voice towards JJ, quickening her pace as she ran up to them but watching in despair when he walked away.

"Bails, we all know how on edge you are with Freddie, you know he loves Effy," JJ began to talk as Bailey stopped her running besides him, she turned to look at him with a small smile — JJ could read her like a book. "You don't see how much Cook loves you. He hides it, he doesn't want to get hurt. . . Or—or to hurt you, but he loves you, Bailey," JJ explained, Bailey running her hands through her hair.

She had never been expressed with how much Cook truly felt for her, it had always been Freddie that showed his love.

But then, Bailey's mind flashed with all the little glances Cook made towards her, how he cared when she was anxiety riddled, his hands touching hers, his fingers fiddling with her body parts for comfort or for possessiveness, when they slept together. How had she not seen it before? How had she not realised her feeling towards him also?

"You love him too. I know you love him too," JJ said before Bailey nodded her head, eyes wide as she hugged him. JJ opened her mind, JJ helped her figure out her feelings. "I'm sorry for causing this, J," Apologised Bailey, rubbing his hair to dishevel it slightly.

JJ chuckled before letting go of the girl, Bailey sighed before letting go of him also and finding her way running towards Cook. "Make him happy, Bails, please!" Was the last she heard from JJ as she came out of ear-shot.

"Cook!" Her voice was powerful, she needed him to stop. Cook stopped in his tracks when he heard her, turning around with a smile as she reached him. His fingers rushed to move the hair that had fell in front of her eyes and some into her mouth, leaving them tingling on her skin when he removed his hands.

His blue eyes flicked to her brown ones. He saw it in her eyes, he saw everything.

"I choose you. . ." Bailey told him. That wasn't the right way to say it. Cook scoffed before rolling his eyes, "You don't choose me. You get me, she chose Freddie — the one you want," Cook said before Bailey shook her head as she caught her heavy breath, she took her hands from her own waist and wrapped them around his large ones.

"Cook, I want you. I need you. I love you," Bailey said, that's what he needed to hear to believe her. And she needed to reveal it all to him, she needed him to believe her.

He stumbled closer towards the pink-haired girl, his feet slow but his hands quick as they reached her cheek, then her jaw. He cupped her face before lifting it up slightly to greet her lips, pressing them together slowly.

It was like everything was haltered. Bailey had revealed her feelings to him, not towards Freddie, but to Cook. Because she loves Cook. Would she had chose Freddie? Yes, but choosing him would destroy her because he loves Effy more than he did Bailey.