xxii. side profile

After a couple of minutes in car, they had reached their destination

After a couple of minutes in car, they had reached their destination. Everyone began to walk through the woods, towards the spot they decided was best for the night. When they reached to the spot, everyone began to act out in a playful, childish way — a way that made Bailey laugh before crouching down to join Pandora and Katie on the floor.

Bailey listened to their fit of laughter, dancing alongside them as the music become to play its upbeat tunes. Bailey leaned against the tree log behind them, watching as everyone had fun around her.

JJ began to walk over to Bailey, handing her a cigarette he had gotten but wasn't even planning on smoking it himself. Bailey chuckled, taking the cigarette and lighting it with a lighter he also offered her before placing it between her lips. "Thanks, J," She said before blowing out the smoke.

Her glossy lips every other second to take puffs of the cigarette, feeling it settle within her lungs before she blew it back out again. Watching out in front of her, within the comfort of JJ beside her, Bailey saw them all crowd around a tree — hearing the word mushrooms immediately interesting her before she shook her head, deciding otherwise.

Soon, she waved the sparkler Freddie had given her in air air, spelling random words and creating weird shapes with it. Saddening herself when the sparkler ended and she could no longer be childish with it but she just lit another one.

It quietened down after a while: Effy, Bailey and Pandora lying on their backs, the mud beneath them as Bailey's fingers played with the grass before feeling Pandora snuggle into her side. Bailey laughed, speaking out her arms to allow Pandora more access before feeling as Freddie's hand touched hers.

She didn't pull back, and he didn't hesitate either. Their fingers tangled with one another and she gripped onto them tightly. Bailey thought she had lost Freddie when Cook announced they had slept together, but in his way, he had gotten payback by sleeping with Katie.

Bailey turned her head, watching Freddie's side profile. It was perfect. Even in the dark where the only light they had was the glow of the moon and the fire that was lit due to the cold, his side profile was still perfect. Bailey's lips curled into a smile, noticing the lines on his cheeks when he smiled as well.

After a couple of seconds, Freddie turned his head. He was shocked to see she was already staring at him, but he didn't care as he made their eyes meet. Bailey kicked her lips, both of them chuckling slightly before she played with his fingers — needing to know if this was real. Needing to know he wasn't angry at her, or still upset with her.

As she gripped onto Freddie's hand and feeling the warmth of Pandora's body melting into hers, Bailey soon felt herself dropping to sleep.

"Bails! Bailey. . ." Freddie whispered as he tapped on her cheek; lightly. Bailey looked around in confusion, noticing that the fire had been put out and people were silent and still.

"Don't move, okay? Stay quiet, yeah," Freddie said, his hands running up and down her arms. Bailey nodded her head, grabbing his hands for some sort of comfort as she felt his forehead touch hers. Their breathing mixed together and the harsh swallowing of their saliva could be heard.

Screams were heard after the sound of gunshots. Leavers rustled close to them causing Bailey to hold tighter onto Freddie as she squeezed her eyes shut, a light shining clean onto their bodies.

Thankfully, Effy didn't take no time but to attack the person that threatened them all. She leaned up with passion and hit whatever, or whoever, was coming their way with a hunk of wood that she found in the floor.