Secrets

We continue to meet. Only not by coincidences. I call him everytime get out of the house and he somehow manages to climb my terrace every one in a while.
The nights don't seem lonely anymore. Everytime we meet, even the silences seem content. We don't have to fill the chatter.
"Hey listen, can we keep this secret"
"If that's what u want."
I smile. The school will be starting again soon and if he is going to school here, me being his friend will only dampen his chances of making new friends, something I don't want to be in way of.
" U know that I will be by ur side no matter what, don't u"
" I do"
There is silence afterwards. He sits besides me on our spot as I put my head on his chest and hear his heartbeats.
He goes and so do I. I sleep content that night as I wait for senior year.
" Get up sweetie", Maya hoots in my ears.
"I am ready for school"
I have always  been very excited to go to school even when I have virtually nothing to look forward to.
I grab my schoolbag and walk away. I have been walking since I was in elementary school and now it seems only natural to me.
I study in one of the biggest schools in town, and it hardly seems an exaggeration.
On the way I see Marco and Jay. They are the two hotties of the school and look past me like I don't even exist. But so does everyone, so no big deal.
I reach on time for the assembly. It is no fun. Mr. Ros is always looking for a chance to scold us, and Ms Williams always finds faults in my uniform, hair, nails and shoes.
After the long assembly, as it is for all the first days, we all head back to class. Only if I could go down in peace, I spot Alexa, the mean girl and her minions who are blocking my way.