The Dance

The dance is round the corner and instead of letting anyone spoil anything for me, I manage to remain happy. I mean, u don't necessarily need a date to enjoy yourself, not really. I love myself, because if I don't love myself, who else will? I am proud of myself, however dumb and stupid I am, and I don't need the acceptance of other people or their verification for it. 

Since me and Aaron ended whatever we had, it has actually been good for me. I mean school is ending and I have applied some places, which are secret even from Maya, and honestly, I don't actually have to meet these people and it is a relief. But trust me, I will go down with a bang,all this time, my school life has been bittersweet, and I will make sure, this last time, I will be my best, after hiding myself all that time, it's only fair that I take away all the attention, I want to make all those guys to regret, the girls to burn with envy, because sometimes self love is important, and I can think of nothing better than this to boost my morale.

I want that douche Marco to cry, cause if u wanna paint me as that girl, go ahead and I will make sure u regret yourself the second I enter the hall.

I talk to my personal stylist for this, Maya. She is the best person and she is actually helping me, picking, making sure I set the stage on fire.

The day comes. I am ready. I am in a strapless black dress, that reaches up to my thighs, little over my knees and and black pumps with a small compact black clutch, complete with some eye-shadow and wine colored lipstick. My hair is short sleek style,up to my shoulders, straightened, and unlike any other day, I have left it open, leaving off my signature braid for good.

Maya is teary eyed. Okay, now that is a bit dramatic.She is happy that, she said, I quote,"My little stupid specimen had grown up". I don't know whether that is an insult or an compliment.

I take a cab to school, I mean, I have saved a lot of money and I will spend it on uber today. Yeah.

When I enter the school, it is actually decorated. The last time was the freshman year party which I did not attend because Alexa spilled juice on my pretty white shirt, and I spent my time in the washroom, and later on, everyone was in groups so I left early. Today, I feel renewed, I have become more confident and more determined, I am no longer a wet puppy in rain, I am the Queen that rules alone.

When I enter the hall, everyone is looking their best, Alexa and her minions are wearing color coordinated pink satin dresses, while Marco is wearing a blue tux. As I make my way to find Katie, he blocks my way.

"Wow, will u dance with me?", He winks.

"Oh my, sorry, so Ms. Toxic good for u now, but I would never want to tarnish your reputation now, do I?"

I am getting sassy, that is certainly a good sign. 

But he holds my hand and doesn't let go. He says again,"It's just a dance, don't hyperventilate"

Hyperventilate. Seriously, this guy. "Sorry, but not sorry, I don't want to, because I don't need to"

I free my hand and go further. There is loud music and u can't hear anything clearly. I go to the refreshment stand and take a glass.I make my way to the sides where Jason is smirking at me.