Chapter Two

°One Year Later°

You dashed out of the building. Gripping your Death Scythe tightly. "Six more souls to go." You reminded yourself, scanning the dark city from one of the buildings roof tops.

"{Y/N} ....Leave it to me darling~"

The red-headed reaper showed their baring teeth. You glared at Grell refusing to be dependent on her. "No, you have your own list of souls to reap, and I have mine." You stated. "You wouldn't have been able to get that little Scythe of yours if it wasn't for me~" You rolled your eyes checking the time.

12:42

"I must say, I'm quite impressed that you became a reaper at such a young age."

You may think becoming a Grim Reaper is fantastic, but in truth, it isn't. Grim Reapers were once humans who took their own life. As punishment, God made them into Grim Reapers to collect deceased souls until you are forgiven for your sin. They are worked excessively, made to regret their choice by watching Cinematic Records of humans' deaths, and regain interest in life before they became Grim Reapers.

You had died at the age of Eleven.

Your family was murdered years ago. You were the only one who had survived. You ran away. You managed to survive on your own. You stole everything you wanted or needed from stores, and never got caught. At some point you couldn't go on any longer. You shot yourself a few days after your birthday.

Undertaker wasn't necessarily your father. But you wanted him to be. Since he was the one who had helped you become a Grim Reaper. But...he retired. You told him that you had changed your mind about being a Grim Reaper, you completely lied. You lied to him about retiring like he did. Every night you full fill your duties, and during the day you do whatever you wish to do. You've managed to keep yourself awake at all costs, even though Grim Reapers need the sleep.

"Why does it impress you? Besides it doesn't matter." You jumped off the building landing on your two feet trying to get away from the reaper. A 'swoosh' was heard behind you. "Everyone knows how Grim Reapers become what they are." You let out a growl. "Grell, if you really want to collect the souls that I needed to, then go ahead! Just leave me the hell alone! For once!"

"Why are you making him do your tasks?" A stern voice came up from behind you. You turned around gasping. "William! I- I mean he just-"

"If you don't do what's asked of you then I'll let your 'father' know who you really are."

William didn't know that Undertaker was a retired shinigami. No one did, besides you. Everyone just addressed him as your father because that's how you wanted them to address him as.

But even if your so called father found out that you were a reaper. He probably wouldn't give off the best reaction.

"{Y/N}! Is that you?" Ronald called from on top of a building. You looked up at him. "Yes, Ronald it's me." He made his way down standing by your side. "Give her a break, William!" The blond wrapped his arm around you. "She's done a marvellous job over the years! And this one night you shame her? She's probably still upset about the Phantomhives." You pushed Ronald's arm off of you and began to walk away.

"Well done Ronald, you can't just bring that up!" Grell sheriked.

"Sutcliff, I now expect you to get all those souls reaped tonight. Including {Y/L/N}'s. "

"No! Will! Those are hers to do!" Grell whined dropping her chainsaw off her shoulder, holding it as if it was too heavy to hold.

"William has a point."