Jin's Note

Hey Yoongi,

It's me, Jin. Can I ask you something?

Do you care about me?

Would you understand if I told you that I don't want to perform? Or do interviews? Would you get angry?

Can I tell you something about that song?

I worked hard on it. I wanted it to be my song. I wanted to write all the lyrics by myself, I didn't want anybody to change them. The words I wrote reflected my feelings. I didn't want anybody watering those words down to create a generic factory-produced beat.

I understand reasonable changes, but nothing that would change the whole mood of the song.

I worked hard on that song. For once, I really wanted to be recognized for something other than my face or voice. I wanted to show people that I can write songs too.

Yoongi... do you understand?

Or maybe you don't. You have talent. You are more than just a pretty face.

But out of the others, I feel you would understand the most. I want to talk to you.

But now that I think about it, why would you want to talk to me?

I should throw this away. I should crumple this piece of paper and throw it out.

I tried. I worked hard. My mom told me that if you work hard, anything can happen.

Why can't the song I wrote be released? Do you all have something that I don't?

-----

242 words