CHAPTER 23 | Proposal

Via Samantha Asuncion

Majority of the Board Members and investors are present in today's Board Meeting.

Hindi tulad ng mga nakaraang meetings na in-attend ko na iilan lamang ang nakadadalo. Marahil dahil ang iba ay may pinag-kakaabalahang ibang business o wala sa bansa.

Ganun naman daw talaga ang mga tao sa corporate world. Bihirang pumirmi sa isang lugar. Kung nasaam ang pera naroon sila.

Kadalasan ay nasa ibang bansa. Tulad ni Sally Elizalde na ngayon ko lang nakitang dumalo sa Board Meeting. She has been away for some business deals abroad. Now she's back to hee homebase.

Si Zach ay pumuwesto sa mga upuan sa harapan. Kitang-kita ko ang pagtagis ng kaniyang bagang nang makita ako sa sulok kung saan inihahanda ang mga presentations. Hindi naman ako nagpatinag.

Mike occupied the seat on the center since he is now the company's CEO.

Ngayon ko lang nakita ang seryoso niyang ekspresiyon. Siguro dahil kailangan niyang mag-focus dahil malaking project ang pag-uusapan nila ngayon. 

Ngumiti siya nang mapasulyap sa akin na sinuklian ko naman din ng isang ngiti. At sinenyasan ko siya ng isang OK na lalo niyang ikinangiti. Gumanti rin naman siya ng okay sign na madalas nakikita sa mga Korean drama.

We directed our gaze at the center when my half-sister took the center of the platform in front of the Board.

Hindi pa rin ako makapaniwalang kapatid ko ang babaeng nasa harapan ko ngayon. Pero tanging ako lamang sa mga taong ito ang nakakaalam.

I bet she won't be happy if she finds out about it.

Sabrina is oozing with confidence as always. She raised her eyebrow when she glanced at me to signal that she's about to start her presentation.

Tulad ng gusto niya. Ibinigay ni Mike sa kaniya ang pag-design sa Laguna Project. Now, she's to present to the Board her proposal for the said project which is a high-end subdivision.

"Let's start Architect Elizalde" turan ng isang matandang Board member.

"Firstly, I would like to thank the CEO himself, Michael Samonte for finally entrusting this project to me. You made the best choice and I'll see to it that you won't regret it."

Binigyan pa niya ng isang napakatamis na ngiti si Mike na tila naman walang pakialam sa sinabi niya. Hindi man lang kasi nagbago ang ekspresyon nito sa binanggit ni Sabrina.

"This Laguna Project I believe is a high-end subdivision. On this light, this shall mirror modernity and class since our prospect clients are the modern-day workers. This is why this design would be best for this project. All units will have a uniform design.  Since the area is vast enough, I decided to have two clubhouses as one of the amenities along with the swimming pools."

A round of applause filled the hall.  She turned to me and smirked.

I did not react. I let her enjoy the spotlight. She's my half-sister after all. 

"That's a modern design I must say. But it looks like an office to me, Architect Elizalde," komento ng isang investor.

Her smile gradually disappeared. She now looked displeased at the man's comment of her proposal. But she managed to respond with grace.

"Well that's exactly the point Mr. Valderana. Our prospect clients are professionals who are housed in an office. They get to enjoy the comfort that their offices offer them. So I decided to have their houses look like their own workplace. This is the trend now, even in abroad. We're done with the conventional houses. Some people prefers this design because for them it looks unique and at the same time classy which will match their social status."