CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

Season 2, Episode 1: Audition

Guest Stars
• Dot-Marie Jones as Shannon Beiste
• Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans
• Milo Manheim as Charlie Dean

Ownership of Glee: FOX, Ryan Murphy, Ian Brennan, Brad Falchuk

= = =

Violet Corcoran smiles as she walks down the hallway in McKinley High School. Oh, you thought she was still a Berry? No, no, no.

You see, after Shelby adopted Beth, she reached out to Violet, and offered to get Violet's legal surname changed from Berry to Corcoran. Shelby said it was an apology of sorts for everything Violet had went through the previous year.

Anyways, Violet was trying to find her boyfriend, Kurt Hummel, and couldn't find him anywhere. She turned the corner just in time to see Kurt getting slusheed while being interviewed by the school's biggest pervert, Jacob Ben Israel.

Jacob sees Violet and runs over to her. "Violet, how do you feel about the assumptions that you are just a cheap imitation of Rachel Berry?" He asks.

"I deny those accusations. Whatever happened between Rachel and I is over. I'm no longer her family, and I couldn't be happier." Violet says. She sees Jacob's eyes wandering to her chest area. "Hey, perv. My eyes are up here." She sneers.

When Jacob leaves, she waits for Kurt to come out. When he does, he smiles as he comes up to her. "Hey there gorgeous." He winks.

Violet giggles. "Hey yourself hot stuff." She flirts before he kisses her. "C'mon, Mr. Shue wants us in the choir room for our first glee club meeting of the year." She says.

Kurt smiles and takes her hand. "Let's not disappoint."

= = =

Will sighs as he holds a piece of paper. "These are comments from Jacob Ben Israel's most recent Glee Club blog. 'Glee is a giant ball of suck.'"

"I'm pretty sure he wrote that one himself." Violet mumbles.

Kurt sighs as he holds Violet's hand. "We get it, Mr. Shue. Everyone still hates us. So what? So we're plankton on the high school food chain? Only difference now is that none of us really care."

Mercedes nods. "Kurt's right. We're a family. They can bring it all they want. None of it is going to break us."

"Okay, I'm really happy that you guys have all bonded. The problem is that all of this negative stuff is keeping other students from auditioning." Will says.

"Good. Why do we need new members?" Tina asks.

"Well, since Matt transferred, we only have 12 members, and if we want to go to Nationals, if we want to beat Vocal Adrenaline, we have to go from a small rebel force to a giant wall of sound." Will explains.

Violet frowns when Will reminds her that Matt transferred. That was a sad day.

Rachel gets up and stands next to Will. "Yeah, Mr. Schuester's right, you guys. You didn't see Vocal Adrenaline at Regionals. They were epic. We're going to need more voices in order to beat them."

Finn smirks. "Yeah. I'm with Rachel on this one."

"Gross." Brittany says.

Will nods. "You're going to have to trust me on this, guys. Now, here's the plan. Nationals are in New York this year, and we are going." He announces. "Now let's go out there and show the school how cool it's going to be, how cool we can be. If they're not going to come to us, let's go to them. They say we only sing show tunes and '80s pop. Let's show them how down we are. Let's give them the song of the year, New Directions! style." He says.