CHAPTER FIFTY THREE

Season 3, Episode 9: Extraordinary Merry Christmas

Ownership of Glee: FOX, Ryan Murphy, Ian Brennan, Brad Falchuk

= = =

Violet P.O.V.

Everyone is decorating the choir room for Christmas. Meanwhile, Mercedes is singing the timeless Mariah Carey song, 'All I Want For Christmas Is You.'

[All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mercedes]

"Best Christmas ever." I say as I stand next to Kurt.

= = =

Sue was talking to Kurt, Artie, Blaine and I. "Christmas is also a time to give back. Which is why, this Friday, I am volunteering at the Lima Homeless Shelter. And I thought maybe you and your fellow glee clubbers might want to pitch in by giving the gift of song." Sue says.

"Coach Sylvester, I've heard you say on several occasions that you don't believe in homelessness. You said you considered homeless people urban campers." Kurt says.

"Can I be honest with you, Stumbles, Gelfling, Violet, young Burt Reynolds? I lost my sister this past year, and this will be my first Christmas without her. And honestly, I'm just trying to keep myself occupied." Sue says.

I give her a small smile. "We'd be happy to help." I tell her.

"Oh, that's fantastic. And now, in the spirit of Christmas, get the hell out of my office." She says.

I walk out with a newfound sense of Christmas cheer.

= = =

"We might have spent our entire decorating budget for the whole year, but with something that looks as absolutely fabulous as this, I have to say, brav-ho-ho-ho." Mr. Shue says.

"Hey, everybody, listen up. My man, Rory Flanagan here, wants to say a few." Finn says.

Rory nods. "Thanks, Finn Hudson. So, guys, my mummy was going to come visit for the holidays, but plane tickets are expensive, so it's my first Christmas without any family. I'd like to cheer myself up by dedicating this song to them... and to the King."

"Jesus?" Finn asks.

Rory sings Elvis's 'Blue Christmas.' It makes me sad that he can't have his family visit, and vice versa.

[Blue Christmas by Rory]

"Gosh, that song was so depressing. I may actually be dead right now." Santana says.

"I-I think, what Santana means is, although that... that was mournfully beautiful, now that the whole glee club is back together, I think that we should focus on the more joyous and the pageant aspect of this holiday season." Rachel says.

"Rachel's right. Last Christmas was super sad. Kurt was at another school, Coach Sylvester trashed everything, and Artie got a pair of magic legs that broke the next day. We were the island of misfit toys. This year is going to be... This year, it's a whole new sprig of mistletoe." Finn states.

"Guess who's not getting coal in their stockings for once... us." Mr. Shue says.

"Rory, have a seat." Our teacher says. "I just got off the phone with Don Borowski, the local station manager at Lima's PBS affiliate. Turns out that their annual broadcast of the Yule log burning has been canceled."

"The hell?" Finn says.

"Yeah, they can't afford the licensing fees anymore. But thank you, Scrooges who own that copyright, because Don came to Sectionals, he loved what we did and he is offering us..." Mr. Shue is cut off by Rachel.