Chapter Eleven: Full Moon

"Morning Megan," Ashley greets as I come into the kitchen.

"Good morning," I reply

"How was your date?" She asks

"Great," I say with a smile.

Last night was amazing, Adam is an great guy. Ashley hands me a plate of bacon and eggs and I decide to eat in the living room so I can write in my journal. I sit down on one of the chairs with my plate of food on my lap. I open my journal to a new page and start writing.

March 25
Yesterday I had a date with Adam who's one of the vampires that is trying to prevent the White's and the Morgan's from killing me. It was a nice distraction from what's going on. I miss my family and I worry about them. My mom is probably doing fine while my dad is probably in denial. My days are mostly the same really, I get up, I eat maybe do some school and then go to bed and the end of the day. It gets quite boring. That's all I can think of for now.
Megan Ross

I always sign my name at the bottom in case god forbid I do die. At least someone will know who the entry's belong to. I finish my breakfast and head back to the kitchen.

"Megan the full moon is tonight," Ryan tells me.

"Okay, it there anything I need to do?" I ask.

"Just stay here tonight, most wolves won't hurt you because contrary to popular belief we are completely aware when we are a wolf so we don't just randomly hurt people,"

"Okay, so I just do what I do all the time, stay inside," He laughs at my comment but I can't help but notice that Grace has a look of fear on her face.
"Grace sweetie what's up?" I ask sitting down next to her. She shakes her head but I have the feeling that she wants to talk. "How about we go in my room and have a chat?" I ask and she nods. I look at Ryan and he nods in approval before I take Grace to my room. I close the door behind me as she sits on my bed.

"I'm scared," She whimpers and sit next to her on the bed.

"Of shifting?" I ask and she nods

"It hurts a lot, Ryan tries to help me but he can't because he's shifting too," She tells me.

"Would you like me to help you?" I ask and she looks up at me with hope in her eyes.

"Really?" She asks, I nod "But your human you don't need to do that," She says

"Kiddo, just because I'm human doesn't mean I wouldn't want to help you," I reply and she smiles.We then go back into the living room and by the looks on everyones faces they heard the entire conversation. "So when does the full moon start to affect you?" I ask.

"Whenever it is at its fullest, it's different every time," Ryan says. That gives us lots of time before things go haywire.

"I'm going to go read," I tell them and start walking towards the small library they have in the house.

I start looking through the shelves for any books on werewolf shifting. I know the basic idea of it. Every bone in their body breaks and repositions itself. After about two hours of reading I know the depths of what happens during a shift. Along with the bones breaking the organs go through a change too. This allows the body to handle raw meat and plants that aren't meant for human consumption. I then started reading on what could help the pain. The books mostly suggested different herbs and things. The books also said however that anything that werewolves digest in human form won't do anything while shifting because the stomach is changing.

"Ryan," I call out knowing he would here me.

"Yeah," He says coming in

"What have you tried to help with the pain when Grace is shifting?" I ask

"We've tried the herbs but it didn't work?" He explains.

"That's because when you shift your stomach also shifts therefore anything in the stomach doesn't work,"

"I could try putting the herbs directly in her bloodstream, how is she with needles?" I ask

"She's okay, she doesn't like them but she'll let you do it," He tells me, I nod

"I have an idea that might help, it won't take away the pain but it will take the edge off,"

"I'll try anything at this point, she doesn't deserve this,"

I explain to Grace and Ryan my idea. Grace seems nervous about the needle but I promise her that I'll be gentle. Ryan gets me the herbs that I need. I mash the herbs up and mix it with some sterile water. The liquid is a dark green colour and doesn't look tasty. I draw up the liquid into a small syringe and attach a small needle. The moon will be at its fullest in twenty minutes and that's when they will start to shift. I grab the rest of my supplies from my bag and then go into the living room.

"Grace sweetie I need to give you this now okay?" I tell her and she nods. I put on my gloves and open an alcohol swab.

"What's that for?" She asks quietly,

"This is to make sure no bad germs get in," I explain softly,

She hands me her right arm, I clean the inside of her arm with the alcohol swab.

"Okay, do you want Ryan to hold your hand?" I ask, she nods slightly and Ryan moves closer next to her.

"Just look at me kiddo, she'll be done before you know it," Ryan reassures her,

He takes her hand gently as she focuses on him. I take the cap off the needle and get ready to inject the herbs into her bloodstream.
"On 3 okay," I say gently "1,2,3," On 3 I swiftly insert the needle. She flinches at first but then takes it like a champ. When I take the needle out the small wound immediately heals. I cap the needle and throw away my gloves and garbage.

"All done, now this won't take all the pain away but it will make it easier," I explain and she nods.

"Thanks Megan," She says giving me a hug.

"Anytime Kiddo,"