Chapter Twenty-Six: Recover

I talked with my mom after she was finished checking on Melanie.
She told me that Melanie was healthy and she was just shaken up. Mya offered to take her to her house to rest.

"Meg, I think we should get you cleaned up," Adam says to me. I look down and all my clothes are torn. I have dried blood all over my body. I hair is stuck to my face from sweat and blood.

"Can you help me?" I ask knowing that I'm not going to be able to do it myself. He nods and helps me off the couch.My parents look at us hesitantly. I know they trust him but I understand why they would be worried, I'm their daughter.

"I'll take care of her, don't worry,"

"Don't hurt her," My dad warns

"I won't,"

"I trust him Jason," My mom says putting a hand on his shoulder. My legs are getting weaker and I can feel myself falling. Adam has to hold me up and then I feel him take me in his arms.

"Alright lets go get cleaned up and then your mom will check you out," Adam says gently.All I can do is nod as he walks down the hallway. He takes me to my bedroom and we go into the bathroom. He sits me on the counter."Okay love, do you want to change by yourself or do you need help?" He asks me. I try to take off my shirt but the blood is causing it to stick to me. I'm also getting dizzy again.

"I'm dizzy, this isn't normal," I tell him

"I know, I think it's because the fight took a lot of energy out of you, your body is still recovering," He explains.

"Can you help me?" I ask

"Sure,"He helps me take off my shirt and clean the dried blood off of my shoulders and collarbone."I'm going to take off your leggings okay," He tells me and I nod. He takes them off and now I'm only left in my undergarments.He cleans off the dried blood and asks me where I keep my comfy clothes.

"Top drawer," I tell him. He leaves to get me some clothes.

"Okay, do you want me or someone else to help you or can you do this yourself?" He asks me
"Help please, can you get Lauren?," I ask weakly

"Okay, I'll be back," He assures me. He comes back after a few minutes with Lauren in tow. She smiles at me gently and then I hear Adam speak up again. "Alright I'm going to go get some of Rose's shampoo okay?"

"Okay," I reply. He leaves and Lauren quickly helps me get dressed and undo my hair which has blood in it. We hear a knock on the door. 

"I'm back," Adam says and I tell him he can come in. Lauren asks if there's anything else I need her to do before she goes back downstairs. I shake my head and then she leaves. Adam gently picks me up and moves me to the left side of the bathroom counter. "I'm going to help you lay down and put your hair in the sink so I can wash it okay,"

"Okay,"He helps me lay down and I feel him place my hair in the sink. He turns on the water and I feel the warmth of it hit my scalp."When I was asleep, I saw someone," I tell him.

"Who was it?" He asks

"It was your mom, she said her name was Anna," I reply and I feel him pause.

"What did she say?" He asks as he continues washing my hair.

"She approves of our relationship and she wants you and Rose to know that she is in heaven with your father,"

"She told you that?" He asks

"Yeah,"

"I wonder where you went?" He asks curiously

"She said it was the world between life and death my soul was sent their so my body could recover," I explain looking up at him.

"What did it look like?" He asks

"It was a meadow, like the one where you like to go, it was warm and peaceful,"He finishes washing my hair and wraps me it in a towel."Alright let's get you to bed and I'll get your mom to come check you out," He says calmly and then carries me to the bed.

"Kate we're ready!" Adam calls out and I flinch at the loud noise.

"Sorry love, I didn't mean to scare you," I hear mom walk down to my room and when she comes in she has her medical bag in hand.

"How are you feeling honey,"

"Tired and gross," I reply

"Okay you look a little dehydrated and since you're tired I'm assuming you don't want to drink blood,"

"No, I just want to sleep," I tell her

"Okay, I need to set up a IV, I know you don't like them but is has to be done," She says and I sigh.

"It'll be okay one poke and then you can sleep," Adam says reassuringly

"Two actually," Mom says I look at her wide eyed. "Sorry sweetheart but you can't run blood and fluids through the same line remember," "Rose can you get two blood bags from the fridge?" Mom asks knowing she would hear her.She comes over and I see the two 18 gauge needles."Let's lay her down, she can go on your chest," My mom tells Adam and he nods.He moves so I can lay down on his chest. Once I'm settled he turns my head away from the needles.

"Don't focus on those, focus on me," He says with a smile.

"Their huge," I say

"They're a little big but don't worry your mom will be quick,"

"In fact I'm so quick that I already have one done," She says and I look down at my hand. She has one in already? I didn't even feel it.

"One more then you're done," Adam says encouragingly. Mom comes around to the other side and gets ready to place the IV.

"What else did my mom tell you?" He asks

"She sang me this lullaby when I was waking up,"

"What was it?" He asks

"I don't know what it was called but it started with close your eyes," I say and he smiles.

"That's the one she would sing to us as kids," He explains

"All done," Mom says

"Thanks mom,"

"No problem, now get some rest I just need to hook up the blood," I close my heavy eyes as Adam stokes my wet hair.

"Sweet Dreams love," Is the last thing I hear before I become a victim of sleep.