Chapter Twenty-Five: I Won

The darkness melts away and when I look around I'm in a green meadow. What is this place? I can't be dead? I realize that I'm laying down so I manage to get myself standing. I look around and don't see anyone so I decide to call out.

"Hello?" "Is anyone here?" I call

"My son was right, you are a magnificent young woman," A female voice says and I turn around. The woman is the spitting image of Adam. Is this his mother? I ask myself.

"Who are you?" I ask hesitantly

"My name is Anna Stone, I'm Adam and Rose's mother," She replies gently.

"Am I dead?" I ask. She chuckles light heartedly and motions for me to sit down.

"You're not dead sweetheart, the fight just took a lot out of you so your body put you into a deep sleep to recover," She explains to me.

"Why am I here?" I ask her

"This is a place between the world of the living and the world of the dead because you are immortal your body sent your soul here to protect it," She tells me "Now I would like to get to know the woman dating my son," She says and I smile.

"Well I'm sixteen but I guess age is just a number now isn't it," I say and she laughs. "I want to be a doctor like my parents maybe specialize in paediatrics and supernatural beings," I explain

"From what I've seen you would be good with children," I smile at her complement.

"What made you fall for my son?" She asks me

"He's compassionate but also cunning, he's respectful and always lets me say no to whatever he asks"

"I knew I raised him to be a gentleman,"

"He's my first boyfriend and my first kiss," I confess

"I saw that kiss and I approve," She tells me. Wait if she's here that means she's ether dead or alive. She keeps saying that she's seen everything but I haven't seen her.

"You're not alive anymore are you?" I ask her sadly and she shakes her head.

"No, I died two years after Adam and Rose became vampires,"

"Adam told me the story,"

"They offered to change me when I became sick but I refused, I knew it was my time and I wanted to see my husband,"

"What happened to their father?" I ask hoping that I'm not pushing too much.

"He died in war," She explains

"Was Adam supposed to go?" I ask

"He was but then he got sick and I found someone to change him so he was considered legally dead by that point,"

"They don't talk about their family very much," I say and she nods

"Our deaths really hurt them mine especially, I think it's because they know that the likelihood of them seeing me again is very slim,"