Chapter Twenty-One: 48 hours

The 48 hours have begun. Yesterday I wrote the declaration and this morning we were informed that it was received. I've been staying with Adam and the pack helped me move my stuff yesterday. We thought it would be better since we're dating.

"Morning Love," Adam greets as he comes into the kitchen.

"Good morning, what's the plan for today?" I ask

"I was thinking that we could go feed and then we're having a battle plan meeting," He says

"Okay,"

I go into the guest room and pick out something to wear. I pick out some black jeans, a red flannel and black boots. I get dressed using vamp speed. I braid my hair into a dutch braid. I walk back out to the kitchen where Adam is waiting for me.

"You look beautiful as always," He says giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"And you're handsome as always," I reply kissing his cheek.

"Where do you want to go?" I ask

"We'll go to the park, there are woods there where we can feed without spectators,"With that, we speed out of the house. The feeling that I get while running will never get old. The wind on my face the adrenaline pouring through my immortal veins. We stop when we get close to the park."Let's go find ourselves a snack shall we," Adam says and I wrap my hand in his.
As we're walking Adam starts talking about the history of the park. He was alive when the park was first built. It was built around 50 years ago. He and Rose used to come here at night when there weren't very many people. Back then they didn't know about the amber stone so the night was the only time they could be free."What about them?" He asks suddenly motioning to the young couple sitting on a park bench. I can smell their blood from here.

"Okay," I agree. We wait until there are not very many people around before we make our way over to them.

"You take the girl, I'll take the boyfriend," Adam whispers and I nod.That's when we go into action. We walk over to them and they look confused. I look at the woman and I feel my hypnosis kick in.

"Follow me, don't ask questions," I say smoothly. Her face goes blank for a second at then smiles and gets up. The man follows Adam and we walk to the woods. We stop when we get far enough so nobody would see us.

"Who are you?" The woman asks me as she leans against a tree. That's when I realized my hypnosis has stopped working.

"What's happening?" The man asks Adam fearfully.I look at Adam and ask him a silent question. He nods and I turn back to the woman who I now have pinned against the tree gently.

"It's okay we're not going to hurt you, we just need a quick bite to eat," I say trying to sound reassuring.

"You're vampires," The man says coming to the conclusion.

"That's right," Adam confirms. That's when I notice the woman starts shaking with fear. Adam sees this too and he looks at her with sympathy.

"Babe, it's not as bad as you think, we won't remember it anyway," Her boyfriend tries to reassure her.

"How do you know?" She asks him, Adam looks like he wants to interrupt but I stop him.

"My great-grandmother told me about it," He responds. She looks at me, still shaking with fear
"Megan I'm going to start, you take your time," He says calmly and then takes the man deeper into the woods. This causes the woman to freak out more.

"Easy sweetheart, this won't hurt a bit I promise," I tell her gently. Normally I would just hypnotize them and eat but something is different about this girl, she reminds me of myself. At this point, I can see tears starting to bloom in her eyes."Shhh, no tears it's alright," I say soothingly "I'm going to start now okay," I add deciding that it's probably best for me to get it over with. I feel my hypnosis kick in."Just relax sweetheart, don't scream and stay still this won't hurt," I say smoothly her fear melting away. I brush her hair away from her neck. I smell the blood running through her veins. I swiftly bite into her neck. I listen to her heartbeat as I'm drinking her blood. Once I take enough I bite into my wrist and tell her to drink my blood.
"I'm all done sweetheart you were really brave," I tell her with a smile. I then get ready to erase her memory."You're not going to remember this, all you'll remember is going out with your boyfriend," I say as I see the man and Adam come back through the woods.
"You're going to go home and have a nice night with your boyfriend," I tell her and then they both leave hand in hand.

"How did she do?" He asks as we're walking out of the woods.
"She was afraid so I just talked nicely to her and once I hypnotized her she was a lot calmer,"
"Most vampires wouldn't be so nice when people are afraid like that so hold on to that, it keeps you human," He says taking my hand.

We get back to the house and within 15 minutes everyone was over for the meeting.

"Okay let's start," Zach says. We start by going through who we are up against. The White's and The Morgan's have some allies so we could be outnumbered."Being outnumbered isn't likely because the wolves are fighting with us," Zach tells us.

"What do you think the best plan is?" I ask

"Divide and conquer," Adam replies "They'll be looking for you, so when they attacked don't hesitate," He explains

"What are we doing about Grace, she's not fighting?" I ask

"She can stay with me," Mya says "I'll protect her,"

"Your parents have called your friend Lauren," Zach tells me "She's coming here apparently her parents think it will be safer,"

"How, she's walking into a death trap?" I ask trying to control my anger and worry.

"Her parents can't protect her Meg, we can," He says trying to reassure me.

"She can stay with Grace and me, I'll put up a protection spell, no one will hurt her," Mya reassures. So now my best friend who doesn't know what I am is coming to the only place on the entire planet that could get her killed, great. I think sarcastically to myself.