1. Two Things

Note: If you haven't read Mirror yet, I highly recommend reading it before starting this story. There's a lot of background information needed in order to understand this story.

.

.

*Amy's POV*

16-February-2018

My sobs echoed around the cemetery. I found myself holding back my sobs because sometimes I wasn't sure I was truly alone. It sounded like someone was mocking me, but when I looked around, I didn't see anyone. I was alone in this cemetery, but moments before, I wasn't. Someone was with me. Someone was....

I began sobbing again at the memory of Van and I shut my eyes tightly, letting the tears stream down my cheeks.

How could you do this to me? I thought to myself. How could you leave me after all that's gone on?

As soon as those thoughts entered my mind, I immediately felt guilty. I shouldn't be angry at Van, I should be happy for him. Happy that he's in paradise. As a good friend, I should want nothing but the best for those I care about. I'm not a good friend then, am I?

I used my sleeve to wipe my tears and slowly got up. My legs were unsteady and asleep from sitting on the ground for too long. I had to lean onto the nearest headstone and wait for my legs to wake up. I took a shaky breath and looked around once again. Normally I should be afraid to be alone in a cemetery all by myself but I wasn't. There was something about the quiet that put my mind at ease.

Once my legs were awake, I began making my way back home. While walking, I couldn't help but hope that this is an elaborate joke and that I'd find him in the kitchen washing the dishes, but I didn't want to get my hopes up only to crush it.

I turned the doorknob and pushed the door open. We forgot to lock the door because we were in such a hurry to leave.

"Van?" I called out tentatively. There was no answer and my heart broke a little more.

Everything looked the same as we had left it. The stereo was still on but no music was playing as the CD had finished playing its last song long ago. I walked over to eject the CD and turned off the stereo so that the soft buzz went away. I placed the CD back in its case and Van's last words entered my mind.

"Amy, please do two things for me," Van started.

"I'll do anything, Van. Just stop what you're doing. This isn't funny anymore!" I begged.

"Please take care of Jess's plant," he went on. "And give the band my book of lyrics. Tell them what happened to me. I don't have much time, Amy. I will miss you so much."

How am I going to explain what happened to him? They're going to think I'm nuts! But there's one person who will understand. Bondy.

.

.

The next day.

I didn't need to be close to know it was him sitting on the bench. Bondy and Van always had a favorite bench where they would smoke and talk for hours. Once I was close enough, I called his name.

"Bondy," I said softly. At first, I thought he didn't hear me but he turned around. His eyes took me in and he immediately became concerned, standing up and walking towards me.

"Amy, what happened to you?" he asked. "Did Adam do something to you?" He put his hands on my shoulders and inspected me, trying to find a bruise or a scratch but I shook him away.

"No. I—I need to talk to you about something," I said in a small voice.

"I need to talk to you about something too...." Bondy trailed off. "Why don't you go first?"