27. You and Your Humor

*Van's POV*

While Amy went to shower, I grabbed my cigarettes and went out to the balcony for a fag break. My mind kept going back to the piece of information Amy let slip and I wondered what else she told Jess. Even the mention of her name was enough to remind me how much I missed her. I couldn't wait for Amy to tell me what she's been up to after all these years.

She finished showering quickly and as much as I'd love to question her right now, I had to get ready.

"You don't happen to have a hair dryer, do you?" she asked, her hair still wrapped in a towel. I shook my head no. I almost forgot what it was like living with her.

"No, sorry. My hair isn't as long as yours," I replied, grinning.

"It's getting there though," she pointed out and I realized she had a point. It was getting to my shoulders and I was due for a haircut soon but some part of me wanted to grow it out and see where it went.

Once we were both ready, we walked over to Irene's flat which was a short walk away. I knocked on her door and she opened it quickly.

"Alright then, let's go!" she said cheerily, closing the door behind her and walking past us towards the lift. As we waited, I took the opportunity to introduce themselves to one another.

"Amy, this is Irene. And Irene, this is Amy. We've known each other since limbo," I explained. Amy and Irene exchanged smiles and shook hands.

"It's nice to meet you," Irene responded enthusiastically and I could see Amy taking a step back, overwhelmed by her enthusiasm. Irene is more extroverted than Amy, but with time, Amy will open up to you.

We made our way to the shopping mall which was honestly my least favorite place to be. I'm the type who knows what I need so I'm in and out real quick. I wasn't sure how long Amy would take as I haven't shopped with her before. Irene grabbed Amy's hand and began pulling her towards a store and Amy looked back at me, nervous. I nodded my head telling her she'd be fine and they disappeared into the store. I took my time to follow them, pretending to look at clothes when in reality I was trying to listen in on their conversation to see if they were getting to know one another.

Irene was flipping through the clothes on the clothes rack. "What kind of clothes do you like?" Irene questioned.

"I like a little bit of everything but seen as it's December, I'd like something warm," Amy answered.

I saw them walking towards where they sold coats and jumpers. Luckily Amy wasn't picky and actually liked all the clothes and shoes Irene picked out. I was honestly surprised we were out of the store in a little over one hour.

All the walking we did made us hungry so we decided to grab lunch, but not before we dropped off all the carrier bags at the flat. We decided to eat at the place that reminded me of my mum's cooking. I'm too embarrassed to admit how many times I've eaten here. I'm pretty sure all the restaurant staff think "it's him again" every time they see me. Amy began perusing the menu and after a few seconds she put it down so she could see me.

"Of course this is your favorite restaurant," she commented.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked back.

"Nothing," she replied nonchalantly, putting the menu back up so it covered her face.

After we ate, Irene had to go which was fine because we had to get Amy's ID and open a bank account for her which I don't think she'd find fun anyway. Luckily it didn't take long for Amy to get set up since I've done this before and knew what to do. By the time we got home, it was almost 4 PM so I began preparing dinner for the both of us. Amy popped into the kitchen to help and I forgot how nice it was to have someone around to help you cook. Because of that, we ate dinner slightly early at 5:30 PM.