Part 27

Lizzie's POV

After we walk, we went back to our room. Seb looks exhausted, nevertheless, he's still handsome . We lay on the bed, my head on his chest - listening to his heartbeat. Few minutes after, I can hear him snoring. It's not loud, but just proves that he's already on his dreamland. Sleep won't come that night, I kept toss and turning on the bed.

I moved slowly, went out of the bed, tiptoed on my way out of the room and carefully closed the door trying my best to not make a noise as to wake Seb.

I saw a familiar figure few meters away, she's sitting on the bench with cigarette on her right hand. She puffed and blew a few times. Then I slid beside her.

"You're smoking?" I noticed, I didn't know that she smoke. I never see her.

Kate looked at me. Her brown orbs are dull. "I'm sorry, Liz."

My forehead creases. "Sorry for what?"

"For smoking."

I took the cigarette from her hand, then toss it on the side. "Don't be sorry. I mean, I.. I'm just not used to seeing you smoke. I've never seen you smoke."

She forced a smile. "I stopped a long time ago. I'm sorry, Liz. I'm not perfect, I wasn't a good example."

I moved closer and hugged her tight. "You don't have to be perfect, I don't expect you. You just fell in love with the wrong guy? But that doesn't define you."

"I love Tony, and I don't think I'll be able to live my life and love again without him." I can feel her tears moisten my clothes.

I gently pat her back. "Ano ka ba, he's not your world. I'm sure you'll find someone better than him. You don't deserve to be someone's second."

"Natatakot ako. We've been together for 6 years, it's not easy to let go."

"Ate, if you don't do this now, then when? He has a family, he has kids waiting for him to be home. Are you going to take their Dad away from them?"

"I let him go home, I let him spend time with his kids." She countered. "I care for the kids, I honestly do."

"If you care for them, you have to stop this now. If you care for them, don't wreck their family."

Kate cried a little bit louder, her shoulder bounced, she seemed gasping for air. My clothes are now drenched with her tears.

"Ate.." I caressed her back, trying to comfort her. "Please, tama na?" If Kate will not stop crying, I think I will not be able to keep my self from crying too. Guess this is how she feels 2 years ago, when I was on my darkest moment. "Ate.." I pulled her body away from mine and wipe her tears using my thumb.

"Hindi ko talaga yata kakayanin. I'd rather die kung maghihiwalay lang din kami."

I look at her intently, shaking my head. "It's all up to you kung ayaw mo s'yang layuan. But please, don't ever say that you'd rather die." My tears started falling down my cheeks. I was hurt with what she said. She'd rather die kung maghihiwalay sila. "Go back to your room, magpahinga ka na."

"Liz... I'm so sorry."

"Don't be."

I send her to their room, then head back to Seb and I's room. He's still sound asleep. I lay beside him, closed my eyes and force myself to sleep.

"Lizzie." I heard Seb's voice call my name then planted a soft kiss on my lips. "Wake up now, my queen."

I opened my eyes, he's smiling then snuggled beside me. He took my arms and wrap it around his neck. "You smell great." He muttered. I can feel his warm breath.

I tousled his hair. It feels good when I play with his hair, gives me satisfaction for some reason and he never complains about it. "What time is it?"

"Time for us to go. *Chop! Chop!" Tumayo na s'ya. He then walked over to our closet and start checking my clothes. He pulled out a short with stripe design and a plain white v-neck shirt. "I think this looks good on you." He opined.

I stretched my body and nodded my head. "Naligo ka na?"

He walk towards me with my clothes on his hands, he gently place it on the bed. "Yes, while you were sleeping."

"Thank you." Tumayo na 'ko sa kama, I took my clothes from the bed and headed to the bathroom.

I finished taking a bath in no time, ayoko na kasi na magtagal since feeling ko may ilang minutes na rin na naghihintay si Seb bago n'ya ko ginising. My usual ritual, I lather a generous amount of my Fragrance lotion, followed by some spritz of my perfume at the back of my ears, on my collarbone and finale - on my wrists.

He inhaled then exhaled. "So that's the secret."

"Sorry, is it too much for you?"

He shook his head. "No, no. You smell great!"

"Let's go?" I asked then put on my body bag.

He took my hand and kiss my forehead. "Yes, my queen." He exclaimed.

We rented a boat to take us to the next Island. I was seated beside Seb on the other side sat Em, Chris, Kate and Tony side by side. We are surrounded by body of water. Sabi sa'min ng bangkero, aabutin daw ng one hour ang byahe papunta sa sunod na Island.

"Ang ganda 'no?" Em's eyes wandered. "Why don't we ever go to these places? I mean, it's my first time to go Island hopping, I don't know with you." She then turned to Chris.

"Well, I don't see the need to go to such places. Just being with you, staying in the house.. I feel like I'm already in paradise."

Seb looked at me, he smiled. "Dinaig ka ni, Chris." I told him.

"Can't beat that."

Hour went by quickly, next thing we knew we're already disembarking the boat. Seb talked to the boatman and asked him if he can pick us up before sunset, the man happily agreed.

We decided to have our breakfast first. Seb scouted the best place to have breakfast in the Island through his phone.

"Hello po, here are the menu." A lady around our age welcomed us, handed the menu's to each of us and usher us to a round table for 6. "Let me know kung ready na kayo na umorder."

I sat in between Em and Seb, trying to avoid to be seated beside my sister. I was still hurt by what she said last night. Selfish as it may sound, but her - thinking of dying just because she will be separated with Tony is bullsh*t. Her eyes met mine while I was checking the place, I stare pass her, as if she's not existing.

"What do you want to order?" I heard Seb then felt a light prod of his finger on my right arm.

I checked the menu again. "Hmmm.. I'll just have french toast and coffee."

"That's all?"

We called the lady who assisted us earlier and started to order.

*"Chop chop" means "hurry" and suggests that something should be done now and without delay.

A/N:
31/08/2020
Hooray! Not bad for an update I guess?

To you who's reading this, I just want to say THANK YOU. You reading this story is very much appreciated. ❤️

🐷🐷😘😘