Part 17

Seb's POV

Maybe Em is right. If it is destined, love will always find a way. Two years ago, she stood me up. But then, here we are. Together on the same resto where we're supposed to meet.

"Ok na kayo ni Chris?" I asked her. She's looking at the love birds.

She nodded. "Yes. It was a relief. I am so happy for them." There's that twinkle in her eyes that proves she's happy.

"Liz.." I hold her hand and gently caress it.

She averts her gaze from them to me. "Seb?"

I don't know if this is the right time to ask the question. If not right now, then when? Em was right earlier, "If you like her, you just have to let her know. I mean, there's nothing to lose. You just have to be honest with what you feel. If she turns you down tonight, you can always try again. Maybe tomorrow.. Maybe the following days."

We had a heart to heart earlier, while Chris and Lizzie are having a heart to heart too. I told Em of what I feel about Lizzie.

Em is really happy to see us together. She knew how I hated her. She knew how I'd rant about being stood up by her. Right now, there's no hate anymore.

There's just admiration. Love is out of the question, sooner or later we'll get there. But what is important right now, is I want her in my life.

Lizzie's right. Maybe, it was what my heart desires. Subconciously, I want her and need her.

"Seb.." She tugged the hem of my tuxedo. "You wanted to say something?"

I smiled. I took a deep breath trying to control my anxiousness. I swallowed a lump that's forming in my throat.

What's the right word to say? What's the right question to ask?
"I-I.." Then I rubbed the back of my neck. It wasn't easy. With the relationships I had before, I don't have to ask. There are no questions asks. We just hit it.

But I want to make it formal. I want to know what she feels. Somehow, I knew that the feeling is mutual. Would she allow me to kiss her if not?

"Seb.." She called my name again. She look worried. "Are you ok? Do you want me to get you anything?"

I didn't respond. I was just looking at her.

She pulled her hands away from my hold, then rubbed my back. "I'll get us a drink. Maybe that will help." She walk away.

I just look at her. Following her every movement. Seb, you have to get yourself together! Why are having a hard time? You've been with different girls before. Surely you know how to deal with this.

But she's different!

In no time, she's in front of me again. She gave me a glass of a wine I guess? I'm not sure, that's the least of my concern.

"Liz.." I called her name again.

"Seb.." She responded. "We've been calling each others name.. What is going on?" She looks at me, perplexed.

"I-I just don't know what to say." I started.

She nodded. "Ok.. Let me try to help you." There's warmth on her voice. It sound assuring that she's willing to listen.

I rubbed the back of my neck again. Darn it! Why don't you just ask it! "I-I.."

"You..?"

I took a deep breath again, trying to calm myself. "I like you." Finally! Finally I was able to blurt it out.

She cackled with laughter. "Sorry. Am I loud?" Then she look at the surrounding. "Is that what you've been thinking of?"

Somehow, I was hurt by the way she laugh. She laughed after I told her I like her? What's that suppose to mean? Is she making fun of my feelings? I look away.