Part 18

Lizzie's POV

I came in the office earlier than usual. I can feel dejection from his voice yesterday. Was he that unhappy when I told him that we should have a 'me time'?

I went online, check what's the best flower to give him. I checked the meaning of a flower that suits our situation. But then I decided, I'll just get him a Red Rose.

I head to the closest flower shop and bought 3 Red Roses. Luckily, there's a 24-hr flower shop near-by.

"Hey! Good morning." Scarlet greeted me.

"Hi!" Then hid the flowers behind me. "Good morning. You're early?"
"Yeah. Hinatid ako ni Mark. What are you hiding behind you?" She tried peeking.

"Ahh.. Nothing, really."

She hummed, then smiled. "Anyway, how's Seb and his girlfriends? Haven't seen any girls coming over these past few days."

"I think he already broke up with them?"

"Oh.. That's good to hear then. No more nasty deeds in the office." She remarked.

I nodded. "I'm going in. See you later."

She turned away. I was so nervous that she'd see the flowers I bought for Seb. Why did I buy him flowers? Because, why not? Guys aren't the only one who can buy gals flowers.

It was almost 8, he'd usually come around 7:30 or 7:45. I wonder where he's at. I pause, thinking.. Should I call him or not? I bit my lower lip. What if he met an accident that's why he isn't here yet?

I phased the room. Clock ticking. 7:55. I took the phone out of my pocket. I searched for his name on my phone contacts. Before I dialed his number, I heard the door creaked. I look up to see him.

"Morning." He greeted me.

"Morning." I went ahead to the coffee station.

He marched towards his desk. I heard him cleared his throat. "Who sent this?"

I didn't answer him. I continue preparing his coffee and mine. I saw his shadow hovering me. He's standing behind me.

"Who sent this?" he asked again.

I turn around to see him holding the flowers. His face is serious. Wondering who sent him flowers.

"Magagalit ka ba kapag sinabi kong ako?" I then smiled and hand him his coffee.

He took the coffee from my hand. His expression changed. From serious, a smile slowly formed on his lips. "You did?"

I don't know but I see his eyes shining, probably because of happiness. Is it just me?

He wrapped his arms around my shoulder and gently squeeze it. "Thank you. And it is unexpected. No one ever gave me flowers." He guided me to his desk.

"Did I disappoint you yesterday?" I asked him. I wanted to know.

"So, that's the reason why you gave me flowers, huh?" He sipped the coffee.

"Well, yes?" I bowed my head. Took a sip from my cup. "Are you mad?"

He shook his head. "No. But I was really disappointed. I thought you missed me." He admits. "I wanna see you badly yesterday."

"I'm sorry." Tumayo ako, niyakap ko s'ya. Why are you doing this Liz? You really have fallen for him don't you?

I can feel his breathing on my chest. His arms wrapped around my waist. Ok, this is kinda awkward. We're not official and we are already doing this kind of stuff?