Part 23

Lizzie's POV

Seb and I went out after we place our bags in the room. We saw Chris and Em came out from their room too.

Em's baby bump is now noticeable. They walk towards us.

"How are you?" Tanong ni Em, then she hugged me tight.

We really didn't have a chance to talk earlier when we came in. I hug her back. "I'm ok." I smiled, then touched her belly. "How's the baby?"

"She's healthy. Do you wanna go and walk? Just the two of us?" She asked.

I nodded my head. "Yes."

"Let's go!" She took my hand and pulled me away.

I just look back to see Chris and Seb, surprised with what Em did.

"Chris told me about, Marg.." She's still holding my hand.

I didn't say a word. I kept quiet.

"Whatever she said, don't worry about it. Seb loves you so much. I know that whatever happens, Seb will choose you over Marg."

Yes, I know that. But I'm afraid of what Marg can do so she can make her wildest dream come true. "Thanks, Em."

"Liz, just trust my brother, ok? Believe the words he'll say." She pulled me so that both of us are seated on a bench. "He's not a good guy type. Yes, he was once a player, he's been with different girls in the past. But when you came into his life, that's when I see him the happiest."

I am flattered with what I'm hearing from Em. If this is true, that is an achievement for me. Because I made Seb happy. Happier than he was before.

"And, whatever happens.. Chris and I are always behind you."

"Thanks, Em." I hold on to her hands tightly. "Anyway.. I just wanted to ask you something."

She nodded her head. "Ok. Shoot it."

"Did you ever get angry at me? At the time when Chris's attention is on me? When I think, he rarely had time for you?"

She smiled. "Honestly?"

"Yes, I want an honest answer. I just wanted to know how you feel about me then."

"I loathed you back then."

I pressed my lips together. "If you hate me, then why didn't you confront me? Why didn't you talk to me about it?"

She shook her head. "I don't even know you personally. And you're not the only one to blame about it." Em explained. "Chris, I think.. Was giving you false expectation. It's normal for you to think that there's really something."

"Did Chris tell you then that he likes me too? That there's something more than friendship?"

"Yes." She nodded her head. "Imagine how hurt I was when he confessed about it. But I forgave him. I've been thinking of ways how he can divert his attention." Then she look away, she looks at those blooming flowers few feet away from us.

I pulled her hand and lead her to the place where she's looking at. Em bended over and touched one of the flowers. She's fascinated on the one she's holding. The flower is purple.

"So, I told him that we'll introduce you to my brother. He really didn't like the idea - at first." She chuckled. "But yeah, he agreed and we had the supposed double date."

I walk over to a place where it says "Pick a flower. Have a wonderful day!" I pluck one flower which is almost of the same type that caught her attention earlier. I gave it to her.