Epic 36

I recognized that look; it was the same look my mom had when that old white bitch that used to live down the street from us whooped Legend for accidentally knocking over one of her garden gnomes, it was the same look my dad had when the football coach called me a dirty nigger, and it was the same look I had when I got the news about my wife and daughter. That type of pain only came from a parent, but as far as I knew Icon didn't...... It all happened in a split second, as Icon was about to pull the trigger he lost focus, he was so determined to kill me that he didn't spot the woman walking behind him with a taser and the next thing I knew he was on the ground shaking violently. Even through the pain, he was determined to get a shot off, he inched towards the gun that had fallen out of his hand and one of the many bodyguards kicked it away from him before turning towards me, waiting for me to give the order. For a second I wondered if something had happened to Qwantay, it wouldn't be a loss in my opinion but this was deeper a lover, I know it couldn't have been my generous offer.... so what had set this nigga off to the point that he was willing to risk death on a longshot of killing me?

"How do you want us to handle it, boss?" One of the security guards asked and I paused for a second, with one word I could be rid of one of my biggest problems and yet..... for some reason I couldn't bring myself to give the order. Something had set Icon off and in the back of my mind, I felt like I may need him in the future.

"Let him go... he's obviously not in his right state of mind and I don't really see the fun in killing a deranged man. However, keep the gun.... Icon I don't know what your issue is but next time I won't be as lenient." I said looking down at my brother who was still shaking from the taser.

"Tell.... tell.... tell Kooda the next time I see him......" Icon said and I continued looking down at him, I know for a fact that Kooda was in Miami with Midnight so whatever happened Kooda definitely wasn't involved. "Get the fuck off me." Icon said standing up and looking directly in my eyes. "And if I find out that you gave the order, you're going to wish I had killed you here tonight." Icon said walking out of the building and I looked around the lobby at everyone watching his moves closely.

"Yaseem...." I said quietly and he was already on his phone knowing that I wanted every single detail of what happened tonight. "How long do you think it'll take for you to get the information?" I asked as we walked back towards the elevators.

"About five minutes.... I gotta admit, there was something about his anger.... I can't explain it but it seemed justified and for a split second I was even pissed at you but then I realized that you wouldn't have done something without letting me know. Especially if there was a high chance that you'd fuck it up." Yaseem said.

"Is everything good?" Frenchie asked as we walked back into my apartment and I nodded, Alonzo was still sitting at the table and I had the strangest desire to be alone with him for the rest of the night. Not on no fuckin type shyt but I really wanted to see where his head was at, he seemed unphased by everything that just happened, and let's just say that I was slightly intrigued.

"Yeah everything is good, but you should be careful tonight... it seems like Icon is on a warpath and given the look in his eyes he's going to come after any person connected to me and I would hate for anything to happen to you or Yaseem." I said looking at Frenchie who smirked.

"Well I'm not too concerned about Icon... but if it'll put you at ease, I'll lay low for a couple of days until we can figure out what set him off in the first place. Anyways, I'm about to get outta here.... I left something for you in your bathroom, but you gotta wait until I leave to see what it is." Frenchie said smirking as he walked out of my apartment leaving me with Yaseem and Alonzo.

"Yeah, I gotta get outta here too boss, gotta see how we got to this point as well as a few other things." Yaseem said dapping me up and then I realized that it was just me and Alonzo.... alone. I'm the type of dude who liked to stay calm under any and every circumstance; sure there were times when I got angry and I even got scared on a few occasions but this.... my heart was a little quicker than normal mainly because we both knew what was up.