Renee 117

Another day, another dollar.... all I wanted to do was have one day where I wasn't constantly having to cuss someone out and fix a mistake that a man has made; not gonna lie I wasn't looking my best either.... I swear running a business like mine leaves very little time for personal pampering but money and business always came first. Speaking of business, I was supposed to be meeting with all my top men later on tonight to discuss our next move... so far things have calmed down as we all waited to see who would emerge as the frontrunner for mayor... Figuring out who would be in control of the city was pivotal to my plan and if it was the current mayor things wouldn't be in my favor considering he was in Epic's pocket. I looked in the mirror and I could see the stress etched across my face, I wasn't a girlie-girl in the slightest but showing up to this meeting looking a mess could and would be taken as a sign of weakness, so I decided to get myself together and have a morning of pampering thankfully I had someone who enjoyed this kind of stuff that I knew would be down especially if they didn't have to spend their own money.

"Thank God... I needed this, I can't remember the last time I've had a dude make me sweat out my edges and keep me from wanting to leave the room for three days straight." Chess said as we sat in the chair to get our hair done, I knew Lil Uno's ass could fuck and the fact that he has been distracted by Chess these last few weeks has been a blessing because I knew what kind of trouble he'd bring and I really didn't want to kill my brother's best friend.

"Glad to see at least one of us is getting some action.... what about you Heze, are you still taking thing slow, with that fine ass chocolate Marine?" I asked looking at Hezekiah who was getting his hands and feet done.

"Yeah me and Chris are just vibin right now.... still feeling each other out and seeing where we want to take things." Hezekiah said and I was happy that he had someone to take his mind off a business, if only for a few hours because Hezekiah has been through a lot and he deserved happiness. "But there are some things I want to discuss with you.... business-related." He added and I nodded.

"Fine, we can discuss it later.... Chess how's your little project coming along?" I asked looking at Chess, this was a sorta test for her to see if she had what it takes to officially be inducted into my inner circle, though I wasn't sure if she really wanted it because she was more of a free spirit and I knew if it came down to it, she'd never go against her brother.

"Easier than I expected... like you said men are stupid, all you have to do is smile at them and you instantly own them. If things start looking too outta hand, you have your trump card to play... I have audio recordings, videos, and pictures.... each cost a lot of money." Chess said and I smiled, a woman about her business is something I respected. We finished our morning of pampering and Chess went back to Frenchie's house, the incident that took place there a few weeks ago bothered me because I didn't put out that hit which meant someone had gone rogue and going against my orders was considered a high crime in my eyes.

"Sis..... she seems coo and everything but how can you trust her? I mean her brother is Epic's righthand man.... for all we know she could be telling Frenchie every move we make." Hezekiah said and while I appreciated his paranoia, he didn't know Chess like I did... I trusted her, but I knew I needed to put him at ease.

"Chess is a freelancer..... I tell her what I needed to be done and she handles it, plus the things I have her doing has NOTHING to do with Epic or his organization... at least not directly. You just need to focus on this meeting we have tonight, nothing else....." I said and Hezekiah nodded but I could see he wasn't completely at ease.

"So uhh.... Chris has been telling me about this trip they're all taking around the Fourth of July, he's kinda hinting at the fact that he wants me to come with him......" Hezekiah said and I knew exactly what trip he was referring to because Legend had mentioned it as well.... I would have to put that on the back burner and keep an eye on that situation. "Sup Trejean." Hezekiah said dappin Trejean up as he walked over to us.