Darnell 113

The news these last few days have been disturbing, to say the least, not in the sense of there being too much violence.... but the fact that there hasn't been ANY. Like sure there have been a few incidents with the white people but in terms of major events.... nothing and that's what scared me more than anything; it was like placing a pot of cold water on the stove and watching it... eventually, once there's enough heat it'll start to boil and when that happened. Maybe it was a good thing that I was leaving again in a few days, Kemoni had been planning this trip for months and honestly, I never thought the day would come, and yet now I was mere hours away from getting on that flight to Denver and from there...... We were sitting at work and it was prom season, well the beginning stages, and teens from all over the city were already renting cars and trying to match the cars with their suits.... I'm going to be honest I skipped my prom, I just wasn't feeling it maybe because I had these two bad ass hood niggas who wanted to try something new before they graduated and I was more than willing to be their teacher for the weekend. Anyways, I was dealing with this tall dark-skinned dude who despite his good looks he just seemed...... nervous, it didn't help that Murda kept staring at him like he knew him, and on top of that here comes Chris which was going to make me slightly nervous, ever since we ****** ****** things between us have been...............

"Titan?" Murda asked and the dude looked up. "I thought that was your little ass.... well you aren't so little anymore, wassup man how you been?" Murda asked and I looked at the dude wondering where the fuck time had gone because the last time I saw him he was running around with Rú getting into all sorts of trouble.

"Yeah, I've just been focusing on football and school.... E... I mean my mom kinda forced me get my head on straight and make it out of the hood so that's why I haven't been around as much, how's Rú been doing?" Titan said turning his attention to Murda which was perfect because it gave me time to talk to Chris, who had just walked in.

"What are you doing here?" I asked wanting nothing more than to kiss him in that moment, but we were still navigating our friendship and I knew one kiss could change everything.

"I brought your punk ass some food....." Chris said holding up the bag. "Just for the record, nothing in here is vegan.... in fact I'm pretty sure one of the things I got is called Heart Attack Fries..... but you're about to go on vacation, I don't see why you can't indulge yourself. I'll be over there while you finish up." Chris said pointing to an empty office. I walked back over to Titan and Murda, who were laughing at something.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"Just talking about when Titan and Rú left a trail of bread into the house and them damn ducks followed it and made a mess everywhere, Legend was fuckin pissed but looking back on it, that shyt was pretty funny." Murda said laughing.

"Ayy I never said it was me and Rú.... all I asked was if you remembered when SOMEBODY did it.... as far as I'm concerned y'all never caught the people responsible." Titan said smiling. "So wassup, man? You gonna hook me up with the family discount or what?" Titan asked.

"Yeah man.... come on over and we'll get you squared away." I said and the process was relatively quick, Titan knew exactly what he wanted and once he was finished I joined Chris in the office where he had all the food already laid out. "Aww... I didn't know you cared." I said as he pulled out a pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream from the freezer.

"That old woman at the register was giving me a dirty look when it was time to scan that bullshyt." Chris said laughing, from there we just started talking about everything that's been going on during our day and I couldn't help but notice how beautiful his skin was. "So you ready for your trip?" Chris asked.

"Hell yeah..... this weather has been so bipolar that it'll be nice to have something consistent for a couple of weeks. How are things going with your friend?" I asked wondering about the mysterious dude that Chris was still talking to.