Chapter Eleven

THE MIST. IT calls me. Draws me in. The battle raged around me, but nothing at that moment mattered. All I could think about was the fog that was ramming up against our ship.

As two men ran in front of me, swords gripped tightly in their grasp, I ignored them and stalked closer to the mist. My hair stuck to my forehead as rain pelted my face.

"Elsa," I heard. A voice distant, trapped somewhere amongst the thick fog.

Streaks of what looked like lightning, blue, pink, and purple, burst to life deep within the mist, and the same colors began to move in a circular pattern in front of me.

"Elsa!" The voice returned, sounding more urgent.

I reached out with my hand and removed the glove I had slipped on right before the battle. As my hand inched closer to the fog, my fingertips became consumed in frost. I pushed my hand even closer until my palm, too, froze over.

Feeling my heart pound against my breasts, I couldn't bring myself to stop. I placed my hand on what felt like a soft pillow, and it disappeared like it had been engulfed by a cloud.

A burst of light blue sprang into the fog. I stood there amazed, wondering what would happen next. All of a sudden, the mist disappeared, bursting like I had popped a bubble.

The boat lurched like we had hit something head on. I stumbled, unable to catch my feet. I fell forward onto my side, slamming my head against the deck and lost consciousness.

Elsa's eyes slowly fluttered open. She pushed herself up onto her elbows, ignoring the pounding in her head. Her visions swam as she moved her head from left to right.

Blinking a few times, her vision cleared. Leaves, a mixture of yellow, orange, and red, loomed from above. Squinting, she tried clearing her head, trying to recall what had happened. The last thing she remembered was touching the mist.

She glanced around at the tall white bark trees and wiggled her fingers feeling grass prick her skin. She had fallen victim to the Dark Sea just moments ago, but now... This forest was beautiful.

A lump formed in her throat. Something was oddly familiar about this forest, and it didn't bring back good memories. She had seen these types of trees before. The trees that had burst to life in blue flames. She shuddered.

She raised her hands realizing that she had lost one glove and the other was torn to shreds. She removed the glove, knowing it wouldn't do any good anymore seeing that only two fingertips remained intact. Without the protection of her gloves, she prayed she could control her powers.

Elsa focused her gaze straight ahead and her jaw dropped with a gasp. Bodies laid scattered all around her. Both Arendelle Soldiers and Northern Isle Soldiers.

She swept her head to the right, and her heart fell as it felt like it had stopped beating. Fear overtook her as she swiftly tried climbing to her feet.

Not far off in the distance lay a familiar redhead. "Anna!" She stumbled over multiple bodies trying to make her way over to her sister. She tripped over one body and collapsed back to her knees, crawling the remaining distance to her sister's body.

"Anna! Anna, please!" Elsa gripped her sister's shoulder and rolled her onto her back. The corner of Anna's head bled, and Elsa clenched her jaw as she frantically glanced around for something to use to stop the bleeding.

She looked towards the body she had stumbled over and ripped a piece of material off the Northern Isle Soldier's coat. She then placed the material on Anna's head, applying pressure. Sniffing, she fought against the tears that threatened to form.