seven.

「 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 」

𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲

it was raining again. apparently the weather wasn't on the same page with the season, clearly not understanding that summer should have sun and heat and everything that wasn't gloomy clouds and cold winds. the man grimaced at the drops hitting his face, pulling his coat closer around his body as he ran from his car to the alley.

the club was empty for now, pushing open the side door for employees and being greeted by no one else. jungkook looked at the stools and chairs turned over on tables. he hoped his coworker came to fix the club for tonight so he didn't have to. 

jungkook slipped his coat from his shoulders and walked to the back, leaving it on a hook on the wall and glancing through the office door. namjoon wasn't here yet either, considering it was only noon. the ravenette tended to come early, having nothing else to do and treating himself to a drink before the night.

the silence didn't last long, only a few minutes after he poured some bourbon did jin and his friend come stumbling in from the back. they were laughing about something, holding onto each other and coming closer to the bartender. jungkook sipped from the glass and rose an eyebrow. "kookie!" jin said, probably the only person he allowed call him that.

"remember hoseok?" jin said, pointing to the male beside him.

jungkook did. of course he did, they were introduced and he recalls the guy being the same one a certain brunette made a fool of himself in front of. "i think so." he said.

"well pour him a drink on me." jin said, shoving hoseok onto a stool. "his ex-man is being a cunt so tonight we're getting shit faced." jin sang the last part and then left just as quick as he came, heading to the back and the sound of keys to the office was heard.

"something strong." hoseok said, and the bartender nodded. the guy did look down, somewhat upset and probably more so if he wasn't sitting public, even if it was a closed club for now.

the drinks didn't stop, not as hoseok continued to down them and jin encouraged it. jungkook was doing his job and kept sliding them across the counter, eventually other customers coming as the sun set and night began. jin and hoseok didn't stray far from the bar, and their laughter didn't cease as they got more drunk in order to escape reality. it was so easy to do so with a drink in one hand and a pretty boy in the other — jungkook knew that well too.  

he wasn't expecting to see the pretty boy on his mind so soon, coming through the crowd of people in the club later that night and sitting on the stool beside the drunk idiots.

"what are the chances of getting a drink this time?" taehyung asked, speaking loud to be heard over their surroundings.

jungkook chuckled, "same as before."

he wanted to say more, maybe something more clever and a little friendly since jungkook was actually kinda comfortable talking to the younger now. that chance was taken from him though, coming in the form of a drunk heeeyyy and curious poke to taehyungs shoulder. "i know you." hoseok told the boy.

taehyung blinked and felt his little crushing heart soar. he wanted to catch it and keep it contained, play it cool since this deadly attractive man was actually talking to him for once. "uh yeah? you do?" he said.

"you were that one cute boy from one of my classes i think." hoseoks words were stumbling together, but taehyung was hanging on to each one and knew exactly what he was saying.

"calc, period four on tuesdays and thursdays." he said it quick, feeling the warmth in his cheeks as how eager he must have seemed.

he wasn't the only one that noticed this, not when jin was there and pushing his friend to jump on this opportunity and definitely not when jungkook was pouring a drink for someone else but still listening in on the interaction.

the bartender couldn't helped but glance over continuously, seeing that distance disappear between the two of them as hoseok leaned so close to talk to the blushing boy.

"wanna dance?" he heard hoseok yell over the music, and taehyung started to nod quick and make his perfectly curled bangs bounce.

taehyung looked up at jungkook, a huge smile on his face and in his head this was okay, because he met the bartender after making a fool of himself and now seemed like redemption. he didn't see it from the olders eyes, how he was going off to be close and touchy with someone else the way he actually wanted.

it was a reminder to jungkook what happened between them. it was a distraction, nothing more. he gave the younger a thumbs up, seeing him disappear after that to be touched and held close by a drunk who didn't know what he was going and probably wishing it was someone else. it would suck for taehyung later, when he realized that hoseok was looking for distractions tonight when he was finally dancing with his lifelong crush.

that was reality. everyone wanted what they couldn't have, chasing things that kept going in the opposite direction.

jungkook tapped the other bartenders shoulder, whispering something about heading out back. the cold breeze blew across his face and sent chills down his inked arms.

the cigarette hung between his lips soon and the lighter warmed his cheeks momentarily under it lit and he could let the smoke invade his lungs once again.

it calmed him, no matter how bad it may have been for him. there were only a few things in life that were certain, things people could really control. the white stick hanging between his fingers was all in his control, jungkook gave it life and he let it kill his lungs slowly because he was the one to give it power. it was that control and ability to decide that had jungkook pulling out another and lighting it just as quick.

he stayed out in the alley, staring at the opposite brick wall and letting the smoke burn his lungs until he coughed. jungkook walked back inside when it got too cold, the employee door slamming behind him but being drowned out by the club noise.

jungkook shoved some mint gum into his mouth, a lame attempt at fixing the smoker breath for the night. tasty, he thought to himself.

────────────────────────