eleven.

「 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 」

𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

the band was called the rose, and from what he could tell they had some good songs. the main singer was way better than a lot of more well known people, and taehyung would absolute say the guy was attractive. when one of their slower songs played, hoseok got up to get refills from the bar. their were waiters tonight, but it was quicker to go up to the bar.

taehyung knew he wasn't old enough to drink, but he was pretty and could smile at hoseok and sneak a few sips. they both decided not to drink too much tonight, since the goal wasn't to get drunk — but then there was a deal and hoseok said he couldn't turn it down and that's why there were more shots on their table and even a couple margaritas.

"they're not just a woman's drink." hoseok defended the pretty drinks, skinny glasses with pastel liquids and little umbrellas floating. taehyung giggled and stole an olive from one. "i'm not objecting." he said.

"cheers." hoseok held up two shots, the younger taking one and waiting until they both tossed them back. taehyung licked the salt from his hand and then bit down on a lime, eyes screwing shut for a moment. 

there was a laugh, not one from their table and not one he wished to hear. taehyungs eyes opened again and he forgot about the burning sensation of his throat since the one in his chest grew more. apparently jungkook said something funny, which made soyeon laugh and toss her head back at it.

they seemed to be enjoying themselves, with only that same beer sitting between them. they didn't the alcohol to have a good time, to fill the empty space when conversation couldn't.

taehyung looked over at hoseok and saw him scroll through his phone, occasionally glancing up at the stage and bobbing his head along to the music. he seemed to talk when they were going to drink some more, or if he didn't know what song was currently playing and taehyung did since he had nothing else to listen to. it was either pay extremely close attention to the band or hear how soyeon thought jungkook was so charming and blah blah blah.

there was a spark of courage in him, making taehyung move out of his seat and slide into the booth beside his date. sitting across from each other wasn't doing it for him anymore.

"well hello." hoseok said, the alcohol clear in his breath when he spoke. "hi." taehyung smiled, scooting closer until the older males arm was over his shoulders. "it was too far over there."

hoseok chuckled and adjusted his arm a bit to pull the boy closer. "this is definitely better." he said. taehyung nodded and snuggled against the guys side, even playing the few bracelets around his wrist.

it didn't seem like tonight could get better, despite the rollercoaster of emotions that kept throwing taehyung around inside his own mind. he had the courage to sit beside hoseok, with the added bonus of not being pushed away. the music was actually good and from a band he'd probably listen to in the future. and even jungkook was having a good time dancing with soyeon, spinning her around in circles while she laughed more and more—

taehyung didn't like to drink. whenever he did, it was always for more reasons than just casual or enjoyment. the motive he had only got fueled by the alcohol, now pushing the already evident emotions in his system to become more prominent.

maybe he was spoiled, because he wanted everything. it wasn't the best trait, but taehyung always tried to be the best. he liked being perfect and having everyone like him and it was so bad but it's what he's always done.

in a matter of days, he had gotten used to jungkook staring at him, and seeking him out in the crowd, and taking him into the backseat of his car. taehyung didn't like how it felt seeing how he was the target of attention.

"do you wanna dance?" taehyung asked, tilting his head back enough to see the other male.

hoseok hummed, not seeming thrilled about the idea. "it's not the best song to dance to." he wasn't wrong. the slow-ish song was still going but that didn't stop the ravenette and the blonde from spinning around and laughing together.

"we could do something else." taehyung said.

hoseok glanced down now, raising an eyebrow, "what do you have in mind-"

taehyung cut him off with a kiss, one he'd imagined millions of times before and never thought he'd be the one to make he move. eventually he had gotten accustomed to the idea of never kissing his crush, but it was those drinks doing it for him.

hoseok kissed him back of course, easily taking the lead with a hand cupping the boys jaw and shoving his tongue into his mouth soon after. taehyungs stomach exploded with fluttering wings and pretty colors dancing behind his eyes like the best dreams he could ever imagine. so many thoughts went through his mind, and yet none at all.

the need to breath is what broke them apart, swollen lips and panting breaths that fanned warm air across their faces. taehyung blinked up at him, and wondered what hoseok was thinking.

"wanna get out of here?" hoseok asked, voice sounding deeper somehow and sending chills down the youngers spine.

taehyung didn't trust his voice, not after a kiss like that leaving him speechless and feeling too weak to move. he let the older male take his hand and pull him out from the booth, an arm securely around his waist when they walked.

the dream was there, holding him close and floating around in his mind like a cloud. taehyung felt sedated, like the kiss knocked any sense from him and he'd forever be lost in a world that couldnt have been real. there was no way that it was — he kept telling himself that. this had to be perfect, he's only been imagining it for three years. the thought of it being anything less then what he's wanted didn't seem plausible.

the night was young, and taehyung knew more was coming as the two headed for the front of club n2. he was with hoseok, but taehyung still glanced over his shoulders, wondering if those dark eyes had seen anything at all.

────────────────────────

i'm curious what you think about their dynamic. let me know and leave a comment