thirty three.

「 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 」

𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝

everything about this should have been nice, it should have looked pretty and brought a smile to his face and a little warmth to his heart — except, none of it did. to him it looked like sorry excuses to take the place that words or feelings could never. all the flower arrangements and baked goods sitting on their kitchen island were from people that didn't really know the jeons and felt like some daisies could act like a cure to the pain of losing a parent.

taehyung wanted to throw all of them out. he never wanted jungkook to see them and see how many strangers thought they could suddenly show up from nowhere and act like they even cared over what happened. it made him sick to his stomach, partly because he had no idea either how to approach the ravenette.

if he had been asked yesterday, taehyung wouldn't go over and talk to the handsome male. he was still upset and holding a grunge against jungkook to even think about being the person to break their silence first.

now all taehyung could do was think about jungkook. all he wanted to do was run down the street and make sure he was okay, because taehyung knew he wasn't.

he was too selfish though, thinking of his own self and not throwing that front door open and taking off because taehyung was scared of what he'd see. he didn't know how jungkook would react to him showing up, if taehyung would seem like all those people that only reach out because someone had died. taehyung was selfish and didn't want his feelings hurt because jungkook liked to say mean things when he was upset. it was sad really.

even then, taehyung felt worse for considering his situation sad. he was going through nothing that jungkook was experiencing. all the boy could do was continue to chew on the end of his thumb nail, watching his mother walk around the kitchen on the phone and occasionally touching some of the flowers and their soft petals. she'd been awake for hours already, talking to who knows and continuously going over to the jeons house.

she made sure to have everything left at her house, just to make it easier on the ravenette so he didn't have to see everything and be reminded of a wound so fresh. his mom didn't directly tell him to go over and talk to jungkook, but taehyung knew she was thinking it. she even said it with her eyes whenever she looked at her son.

"-no, close family only-" mrs. kim's voice kept coming in and out as she paced through the kitchen and living room. "-he's just a boy." she kept going and taehyung couldn't tell if he wanted to listen or ignore all of it.

taehyung really loved his mom, but he couldn't stand to listen to her anymore. all he wanted to do was listen to his heart, and it was screaming at him to stop sitting around and go to jungkook. they've been alone too long now, it wasn't fair for their hearts to waste any more time being too far apart.