thirty five.

「 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 」

𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭

the smell seemed to be worth it at least. there were so many pans and pots all on the stove and full with something contributing to the mix of smells in the kitchen. all taehyung did was stare at it and hope it tasted good enough to make up for the countless amount of stores he had to go to in order to buy everything.

"where are the garlic cloves?" mrs. kim asked, running frantically between pans and cabinets when needing things. taehyung did break his staring constant with the asparagus being sautéd, "in the brown bag." he said, already knowing where it was without needing to look.

"ah." she said, grabbing the small brown bag and tearing it open to find the cloves. she started to cut and clean them, preparing to add them to the butter in the pan for the noodles.

"do you know if he minds spice?" his mother asked, glancing up at her son her only hummed with a shrug.

all day his mom has been going on about dinner and how good it had to come out. she invited jungkook over to eat with them, which apparently meant going all out and cooking multiple dishes in case there was something he didn't like or didn't prefer.

taehyung could only think back to yesterday and the boxed mac and cheese they ate, which jungkook described as a culinary wonder. "he's going to love it." he told his mom.

there was a knock on the door, making mrs. kim gasp and almost lose the garlic. "that must be him, i have to go change." she tore off her apron and quickly adding the rest of the noddles and vegetable to the pan so they could simmer together. "get the door after i'm up the stairs!" she said to her son.

"i thought i was the one that should be impressing him." he said, apparently not quiet enough since his mom shot a look over her shoulder. "be quiet and open the door kim taehyung." she said.

taehyung did as he was told, feeling the butterflies erupt some more when the door opened to reveal the handsome male. "hey." how could he even make one syllable sound so attractive. it would forever be a mystery to taehyung.

"hi." the younger smiled.

"where's your mom?" jungkook asked, looking over the boys shoulder to peer inside the house. it made taehyung scoff, "oh come on is there really something here i'm missing?"

jungkook chuckled, deep and raspy and sounding perfect. "shut up." his hands were on taehyungs hips a second later, pushing him against the door and pressing their chests together. "i just wanted to do this." he whispered right before kissing taehyung on the mouth.