fourteen.

「 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐟𝐮𝐥 」

𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐟𝐮𝐥

tuesday nights were slow at the club. then again, slow still meant plenty of bodies dancing and mouths to serve drinks to. the ravenette stood behind be counter and cleaned a few glasses, mostly habit since he's pretty sure he cleaned the one currently in his hands a few times already.

these nights were less social, a lot of people coming to drink along with a few seats between each customer. jungkook would walk up and down the bar, serving those people and wondering if he looked like that during these nights of work.

things only started to look up around eleven, a boy walking in on his own with a sequin jacket hanging over his smaller frame. jimin walked up to the bar and sat on one of the stools, looking around at no one in particular.

"what can i get for you?" jungkook asked, leaving the rag on the counter and looking at the boy staring up at all the bottles on the shelves against the wall. he seemed unsure, even looking sideways at the someone sipping a glass of a copper colored liquid. jimins nose scrunched a little, "what do you recommend." he decided to ask.

the bartender hummed, glancing at the variety and then back at his customer. "do you like blackberries?" jungkook asked.

he was decent at reading people and the few years of experience made it easier to guess what someone might like. jimin seemed to be more a flavor person — maybe it was the sequins giving that away. he nodded with blonde bangs bouncing, and soon jungkook was pouring him a drink that was a deep purple color, resembling that of red wine.

"here," jungkook reached down below the counter from his side, grabbing an unopened pouch of almonds. "eat these with it." he said, passing the small snack to the boy who took it was a smile and polite thanks.

jimin brought the glass to his lips, taking a sip and being slightly surprised at the flavor. it was sweet, a little bitter but the taste blended with the saltiness of the almonds. "it's good." he said.

"good." jungkook said, grabbing the rag and continuing to wipe down the counter and busy his hands with work.

neither spoke, and no new customers came up to the counter. jungkook chewed on the inside of his bottom lip, wondering if he should create some sort of small talk with the blonde.

he could just continue to pretend to clean, wiping the same spot over and over and continuously arranging the bottle to fill up space on the shelf. he could also stock up on almonds and cut limes below the bar — but jungkook didn't do any of those things.