twenty two.

「 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 」

𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦

they fell like stars, rainbow ones made of sugar and probably only tasting like plastic. it didn't matter though, not when they topped the real treat sitting stacked high in the waffle cone. taehyung watched the man pour more sprinkles on his choice of one scoop of vanilla and one scoop of strawberry, the crumbled oreos already decorating the cold cream.

"i'll get it." he also said, taking out his wallet before the older could pay for this as well.

jungkook shook his head and slide his card over the counter to the worker who was ringing up their ice cream orders. "no." he simply stated. "i invited you out, you're not going to pay." he said.

taehyung sighed and stuffed his wallet back into his pocket, holding both ice creams now while the older male paid and thanked the man behind the counter. "do you like brushing your teeth or something?" taehyung asked once they walked back outside to the grass area.

it made jungkooks eyebrows furrow, licking at his ice cream and only pausing for a second. "not more than the usual person i think." he answered, still unsure where that inquiry would come from.

"i mean you like mint ice cream." taehyung said, "that shit tastes like ass and toothpaste."

"and you'd know what both those things taste like." jungkook said. he picked off a gummy bear from the top of his cone, plopping it into his mouth with a little grin at the way the younger glared at him after that comment.

they were walking along the boardwalk, the night well on its way as parents took their kids home for bed and rowdy bars quieted down as drunks got sleepy and others got bored. taehyung and jungkook kept walking though, the silence engulfing them like a hug.

"wanna taste?" taehyung stopped by a bench, taking a seat and holding up his cone. the sprinkles were gone and so were the oreos, but jungkook still sat down too, and leaned over to taste the strawberry.

it was sweet and melting fast, a dribble on his bottom lip. jungkook leaned back and rubbed the pad of his thumb over his lip to catch the droplet, sucking the sweetness of his thumb while looking back at taehyung. "maybe i'll get strawberry next time." jungkook said, seeing how taehyung blinked and realized he was staring. his cheeks matched the shade of the ice cream in his cone, but he didn't look away.

"or you can have more of mine." taehyung said. he licked the ice cream, eyes locked on the darker ones watching him. jungkook hummed and his elbow was propped on the back of the bench, unintentionally leaning closer to the other male who made no moves to stop it.