~31~

"I could never let it go. She tried to take me from my child"

Jordae's POV

I sat on bed with a stuffy nose & banging headache. I hadn't been eating much lately, one reason being that I wasn't comfortable showing my face. The elderly women either obsessed over how pretty I was or hated on my confidence.

The main reason being my paranoia about Jah.

Although he was dead, my brain would create these weird scenarios of him finding me and splatting my brains against the wall.

It was 3 months of being in the ladies shelter. I was slowly starting to feel like myself again. & not the me before Jah, but before Zion, the real monster.

I started to dress how I wanted, styled my hair how I wanted, made new acquaintances & even got a job & car.

I had started back posting to my instagram accounts. I knew that Jah was dead & Zion never had an account, so I was okay and comfortable with posting pictures here and there.

Within 3 months, my pictures had circled all around instagram accounts. I was getting 600 comments minimum per picture, repost, brand ambassador deals and more. I even started getting paid from instagram.

I worked for Walmart as a cashier, where some people would recognize me but my face mask usually kept me covered for the most part.

"You okay?" Tegan, the woman I had shared my space and life with the past 3 months asked. I looked up and smiled nodding my head.

"Yeah, just thinking" I responded in between a sigh. She rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Are you still worrying about your new place? Girl I have so much faith in you" she said, grabbing my hand.

Although Tegan was only 26, her 2 children and childhood made her appear a little older than what she was. She rarely kept up with her appearance and had the voice and mindset of an old soul.

I loved her tho. She was a beautiful woman with the kindest soul.

"You've been here for three months and have already accomplished so much. You were born for Atlanta, & not the low profile life... you bring the beauty, the entertainment, the inspiration and the money. You have nothing to worry about"

I smiled from ear to ear before pulling her into a hug. I tightly wrapped my arms around her, smelling her fragrance of cheap but sweet perfume.

"Now I have to go take the kids to supper, but I assume I'll never see you again?" She asked, teary eyed.

I'm an emotional person, so even seeing a woman cry on a fictional movie would make me cry.

"Oh stop being soft. I'll come see you as much as I can" I replied. Without a word more being exchanged, she gave me one last smile and exited from my door.

I looked around at my room, with about 6 boxes of my belongings and a sheetless bed.

"Thankyou Ivy house, shelter for women"

I had to give it to myself, Tegan was pretty right. I was moving wayyy above the expected pace.

The situation with Jah & Zion only made me realize they were holding me back from who I wanted to truly be.

•••

I sat up my phone and after setting a 10 second timer, took a picture of me smiling from ear to ear on my brand new marble island counter.