179(M)Mattex

a cruel pestilence; a pernicious poison

melodypond_thewomanwhomarriedme

The single life isn’t as exciting as it used to be, which really is a shame. It was so much fun getting piss-drunk and waking up in a different bed every morning. But of course, with age comes the ever-life changing sensibility - and after two marriages that ended in divorce and a daughter, she’s definitely gained enough sense to know better.

Still, anything was better than this date.

Benjamin - or was it Benny? Or Bernard? - hasn’t stopped talking from the moment he sat down. She understands that as someone who works at a call centre, he’s quite used to talking a lot but she would’ve thought that as someone who literally talks for a living, he would turn it down in his personal life. Isn’t that how it usually works? Apparently not.

“So Alex, my friend said you were an actor?” he asks, smiling charmingly at her. Really, he’s extremely attractive - if only he weren’t such a chatterbox. He’d be perfect for a one-time shag. His green eyes twinkle in the romantically lit restaurant as he studies her and Alex feels the beginnings of a fire kindling in her stomach. In her defense, it’s been a long time. “Anything I’ve seen you in?”

He tilts his head at her, placing his elbows on the table and leaning forward. He smiles a little wider, revealing a set of perfect, pearly-white teeth. Alex’s eyes stray downwards to his arms, noticing the way he fills out the sleeves of his suit very nicely. That was her favourite part of fooling around - gripping her man’s biceps as he moves urgently over her, feeling how he flexes his muscles as he makes her scream. Well that, and tugging at fistfuls of hair as he buries his face between her thighs and sticks his tongue out.

Unfortunately, Benjamin/Benny/Bernard sports a buzzcut that goes quite well with his face, even if she’ll have to hold onto the sheets. She’s a little excited about how that goatee will feel between her legs, though - the thought makes her body go hot and she shifts in her seat a little, unable to handle the lust growing inside her.

She realises that she hasn't answered his question and she clears her throat lightly. She's grateful that when she gets hot, her voice follows suit - it goes all breathy and low, and it works like a siren's song to most men. She crosses one leg over the other and leans forward, letting her fingertips brush against his just slightly as she leans over and offers him the perfect view of her chest. She smirks when his eyes flickers down for a quarter of a second, knowing at once and with aching relief that she'll be riding that cock in her heels tonight.

“People usually recognise me from ER or Moll Flanders,” she says silkily, smiling up at him. “Perhaps you’ve seen one of those?”

“ER?” he repeats, frowning in recognition. “Is that the medical drama from the US?”

“Yes, have you heard of- ” she starts, but he interrupts her.

“I don’t really like doctors,” he starts, and Alex almost sighs - at this rate, they’ll be here ‘till the restaurant closes. And even if they do make it to bed, who’s to say he won’t be talking through the entire night? She leans back in her chair, thinking of a way to get out. “We had a terrible experience with my sister’s pregnancy a few years ago -”

She stops listening as he rambles on, and she knows instantly that if she wants to find someone to go home with, she’ll have to get to the bar before it gets too late and the only people there are alcoholics. She nods a few times just to let him think she’s still interested in his story as she texts Nicola discreetly from under the table.

Less than a minute later - she really does love how her sister responds immediately to her - Nicola calls, and she apologises to her date as she picks up the phone.