forty six

Ricky has been freaking out internally since he saw Nini's bruises.

What the hell was he thinking? Why did he ever believe a word that came out of EJ Caswell's mouth? Nini has given him far more reason to have the benefit of the doubt than EJ ever has.

Ricky wishes he could see the good in people. He wishes he could, just once, not assume the worst and jump to conclusions.

He never should have ignored Nini. She probably needed him. That text was a cry for help and Ricky ignored it. He can't believe she trusted him and he ignored her.

Ricky walks up to the football players' lunch table.

"So she was good?" Daniel, a guy on the defensive line, asks EJ.

EJ smirks. "You have no idea."

"And neither do you." Ricky scoffs.

All the boys turn to look at him.

"Is there something you wanted to say, Bowen?" EJ cocks an eyebrow.

"I don't know what happened at that party, but I can promise you that Nini was not as into it as EJ says she was. Haven't you all seen the bruises on her arms?"

EJ rolls her eyes. "Bruises just mean we had fun."

"So the fact that she's ashamed of the grip marks on her arms is a good thing to you?" Ricky narrows his eyes. "Because I, personally, see that as a red flag."

"Let's calm down a bit here, guys," Hayden Grant tries to intervene, sensing the tension.

"Are you accusing me of something, Bowen?" EJ snaps.

"Maybe I am, Caswell." Ricky snaps back.

EJ lunges forward to tackle Ricky, but Daniel and Sam hold him back.

Ricky doesn't even flinch.

"Stay away from her," Ricky warns.

"Or what?" EJ challenges snidely.

"You know nothing about me, Caswell, and I don't think you want to. Stay in your lane, and we won't have any issues."

"You can't just swoop in and take Nini away. She was mine first."

Ricky feels disgusted. "She was yours? She's not anyone's property. What the fuck is wrong with you?"

With that, Ricky turns away and leaves the cafeteria.

He needs to find Nini and talk to her. He needs her to know he's here for her and that he's sorry.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

yuh <33

thoughts??

-jenna