nine

"It just doesn't add up. I've been trying to figure her out for weeks now, and I still don't understand," Ricky vents to Red.

"Why don't you just talk to her yourself?" Red suggests, used to Ricky's antics by now. After all, they've been hanging out a lot these past few weeks.

"Because I—" Ricky pauses mid-excuse.

Why doesn't he talk to her himself? It's not like he's getting anywhere by avoiding her.

Ricky ponders this idea for a moment.

Red raises an eyebrow, waiting for his friend to come to the inevitable realization.

"That's a good idea, actually." Ricky furrows his eyebrows.

"You say 'actually' like I haven't always been right." Red rolls his eyes.

Ricky smiles and gives red a clap on the back. "Thanks bro, I'll catch up with you later."

Red watches in amusement as the curly haired idiot prances away before texting Ashlyn to let her know of the update on Ricky.

Ashlyn and Red have been getting closer than ever this year, now to the point that Ashlyn is trying to set Red up with one of her friends named Dylan.

Dylan is a little bland for Red's taste, but there aren't too many options in Salt Lake, so he'll take what he can get. Red can't wait to graduate and get out of this place. He hears LA boys are to die for.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

red is gay,, fight me

-jenna