Chapter Seventeen

---

Chapter Seventeen

---

/Meaghan’s POV/

“Oh shit, what’s wrong?” Harry said as he leaned down and pulled me into his arms. I rested my head on his shoulder, my tears soaking his shirt. I tried to tell him nothing was wrong, even though I knew he wouldn’t believe it, but my throat was too sore.

Harry sat down on the couch with me still in his lap and I felt him grab something. I looked over to see him unlocking my phone and knew that the messages would be the first thing to pop up. I tried to get out of his lap while he read them in case he got angry but he just held me tighter, making it impossible to move.

I peeked at his expressions as he read all of the text messages from the start, his expression changing from anger to worry to concern before he finally got to the last message and he saw the messages from his ‘fans’ and his expression went to horrified. I hid my head in his shoulder again, unsure of what to do or say.

“Meg, how long has this been going on for?” Harry whispered, sounding like he was in shock. I stayed silent, not wanting to tell him it had started when we had first started dating.

“Meaghan?” He asked, shifting so that I had to look at him.

“A few months.” I whispered.

“When did it start?” He asked, a bit of anger tinging his tone.

“When we started dating.” I said quietly, looking down at my hands so that I didn’t have to see the hurt in his eyes.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” He said, getting angrier. I wriggled out of his grip before standing up and taking a few steps away from him.

“I didn’t want to worry you, you have so many more important things to worry about.” I said, avoiding his gaze. I heard him stand up and became worried that maybe he had left when suddenly I felt his arms wrap around me tightly, pulling me to his chest.

“You are the most important thing to me, how do you not get that?” He asked, lifting my chin to make me look at him. I shrugged, not knowing what to say when suddenly his eyes became angry again.

“I can’t believe my fans would say that to you. They know you make me happy!” He exclaimed, stepping back from me and beginning to pace angrily.

“How dare they? What gives them the right to send you hate at all?” He said angrily, tugging at his hair angrily before pulling out his phone and beginning to type something.

“Harry, please calm down.” I pleaded, worried he would do something and ruin his career.

“I can’t just calm down! I know exactly what it is like to feel hated, I can’t have it happening to you!” He said.

“Please don’t do something stupid. This is why I didn’t tell anyone, I didn’t want to ruin your career.” I said, sitting down on the couch with my head in my hands.

“You didn’t have to go through this on your own. Did you lie to me all those times though?” He asked, sounding hurt again.

“I am sorry, I didn’t know how to tell you.” I said, looking up at him sadly.

“You could have just told me! You are meant to trust me, I trust you.” He said angrily, looking like it was all too much for him. He then stormed out of the room and I cringed when I heard the door to his bedroom slam.

I sighed as I lied back across the couch, my hands over my eyes as I tried to calm myself down. I didn’t know what was happening now. Were we broken up? Did he want me to leave? Was he that angry with me?  All the thoughts running through my head ended up giving me a headache so I closed my eyes and grabbed my phone, turning it on to see it blowing up with tweets to me.

“What the fuck?” I whispered, clicking on my Twitter and automatically going to Harry’s profile to see his recent tweet.

@Harry_Styles: Disappointed in some of the fans after I discovered what you have been saying about Meaghan. Don’t think I will be on as often.

My eyes widened at what he said, and then I checked my mentions seeing that a few people were apologizing while the majority were going nuts at me and saying I should fuck off. I groaned, shoving my face into a pillow. I hear footsteps walk into the room and feel a presence near me. I look up to see Harry looking down at me worriedly.

“I told you not to post anything, I don’t want to ruin your career.” I whispered, shoving my head back into the pillow.

“I had to, I couldn’t let them continue doing what they are doing and not know that it affects us both. I am sorry for storming out, I just couldn’t handle the situation and needed to calm down.” He said, and I felt him begin to play with my hair softly.

“Just don’t not tweet because of this.” I said, as I rolled over and grabbed his hand.

“You don’t believe what they say do you?” He asked, looking down at me with concern in his eyes.

“If different people say it enough, it seems to become true to me.” Is all I said, avoiding his gaze.

“Meaghan, you are beautiful. Don’t listen to those people, they don’t know you.” He said, as he pulled me up before he sat back down and then sat me on his lap.

“They don’t have to know me to say those things, it still hurts.” I said, resting my head on his chest.

“That doesn’t mean any of it is true, I know you and you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love you.” He said, kissing my forehead lightly.

“I love you too.” I said with a small smile on my face before I leaned up and kissed him lightly on the lips. Just as we separated the door opened and a flustered Louis and Eva ran in.

“What the hell has happened?” Louis said as he looked at us both with a worried look on his face.

---

Hey everyone!  Hope you liked this chapter, had a lot of emotions in it ahah. Let me know what you think! I am now on holidays but I start my new job on the 10th of December so I should be able to update a lot before then but after then not as much.

Also because Wattpad is being so glitch the updates my not be every two days like I wanted D:

Please vote and comment so I know you like it and that it is worth writing :)

~Fliss