Chapter 11 - Embrace | Guild Making

{Kaz's POV}

We were now seated in one of the fanciest tables I've seen so far. It had an elegant design that reminded me of the ones back home, and I'm not gonna lie, it feels nostalgic.

As I was admiring the design of the table, a few waiters and waitresses enter the room, foods with all sorts of design came in with them, ranging from mouth-watering delicacies to having the strong scent of the alcohol.

They all stood in a line, looking at us before bowing their heads. I gave them a wave with a smile on my face as they disappeared into the door they came from.

"You even hired some help for this," I look at John, "even though we could have just talked at a normal fancy restaurant." 

"It is alright," John replied, "it helps the guild to be more at ease because of some incidents today." I raised a brow.

"Increasing casualties?" John nodded his head sadly, "You know, I can just bring them back to life." He perks up before sighing deeply.

"Yes, that'd be nice but other guilds will take advantage of this if it were to be revealed publicly." I nodded my head.

"Well, what'd you need me here for?" I took a sip of the wine beside me, "Surely I didn't just come here and talk about this." He raised his hand, snapping his fingers, revealing a paper.

"This is a form for making a guild. If you're interested in making one then you just need to fill this up." He hands it to me as I read the context of it, "This is where every guild starts."

"I'll think about it at a later date, for now." I held my glass of wine, "I'll savor this time with you."

He gave me a warm smile, clicking his glass on mine, "Cheers!" I smiled back.

"Cheers!"

[Timeskip~]

Although we have drunk almost five bottles of wine, I still didn't get the effect of it, only a little. Yet, John is now slumping on the table with a glass in hand.

The four girls were the same except Evelynn, who had her head laying on my right shoulder.

"I'm surprised you're still wide awake." I waited for a reply though I got a snore in response. I find to see Eve sleeping peacefully.

I smiled as I summoned three shadow knight soldiers, I carried Eve carefully while I tap John on the shoulder. Good thing he woke up.

"We'll be taking our leave," John just nodded while smiling, "I'll think about your offer soon."

"I'll be sure to wait for you then." He slumps back onto the table while I carry the girls towards the car. I may not be a professional at this but I got a good grasp of it.

Once I got there, I made sure to keep them in place so they wouldn't wake up. I put Eve beside the wheel since it is easier for me to get in after I put the other three in.

After I finished, I got into the driver's seat and drive. I made sure I was careful enough that the ride was peaceful enough for them to sleep peacefully.

After the long drive home, I finally got here safely. I parked the car just outside of the garage door since the front door is close to it.

I carried each of them to their rooms with Evelynn being the last, I had a bit of trouble since she would wrap her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist. I smile in amusement since this is the most vulnerable state I have seen her in.