☽ 09

"follow me, i'll bring you to my shed

"follow me, i'll bring you to my shed." hendery spoke in a low voice, almost like he was hiding from someone, something.

she was sceptical of following him because after all, he was just a stranger but he did save her. therefore, she though he'd be no harm to her.

"what are goblins?" chaeri asked, looking around in the dark woods ensuring no threats were following them.

"goblins are creatures who were cursed and made to look so gnarled." hendery took a pause before continuing with his sentence, "just like goblins, there are many more cursed creatures like werewolves. they were put under a curse to be the creature they are today."

she nodded , her hands behind her back as he led her to a lit up shed she had never seen before. oddly enough, it was close by. she could've swore she ventured the nearby places yet she'd never seen this humble abode.

just as she stepped foot into the shed, hendery shut the door shut behind her making her jolt. "sorry, i just- just had to make sure no beings followed us."

hendery exchanged eye contact with the male sitting on the couch by the fire place, sending signals and communicating through their eyes.

chaeri wasn't all that dumb and clueless, she caught on and found the two suspicious.

"oh- uh this is my colleague, lucas." hendery introduces chaeri to the man sitting by the fire place , he smiled a warm welcome yet she still couldn't put down that gut feeling.

she sensed that something was wrong and out of place, she still couldn't put down the fact that they claimed to be hunters loitering the woods at night.

she was high on guard, tensed shoulders and they noticed that too. "don't worry, we won't hurt you." lucas chuckled, she could've swore she saw a devilish smirk on that face of his before he turned around.

"come on, i'll bring you to the spare bedroom." hendery signalled chaeri to follow him, maybe she was just over reacting. all they wanted was to help her out.

she heads inside the bedroom, nothing unordinary, nothing out of place. it was just a small and cosy bedroom without much objects.

"thank you." chaeri pulled up a smile, hendery nodded as he left the bedroom, shutting the door shut before leaving.

the only light source came from the lit up lantern in the room, the small fire enclosed in a glass casing reflected on her face.

she stared at it as her thoughts wondered, exploring her memory lane. she looked around, more specifically, outside the glass paned window.

though she thought she saw the eyes of a wolf, one pair of eyes she found familiar but shook her head thinking she was just hallucinating.

she pulled the curtains, tucking it in the bottom of the window cell before blowing out the lantern and falling back to sleep.

//

"who are you looking at..." jeno crouched down beside jaemin, jaemin was shooting laser-beam glares at the small hut.

"is jaemin a stalker now?" jisung joked after seeing his leader continuously following a girl for the past day ever since she left the hut.

jaemin had been keeping an eye on chaeri, observing the ones that neared and interacted with her. "i don't like that he's interacting with her." jaemin growled, his eyes beamed red for that slight second his fangs poked out ready to attack.

" jaemin growled, his eyes beamed red for that slight second his fangs poked out ready to attack

i mean jaemin please stalk me 😏