☽ 16

"maybe it was just a wrong hunch

"maybe it was just a wrong hunch." she debated with her inner conflicting thoughts on whether the people she doubted really was innocent after all.

"but the tape..." she looked at the cupboard that contained the sound tape, recalling the cries of help, wanting to be put out of her misery.

"chaeri-ah." hendery knocked on the door, chaeri instantly shot up from her bed as she slowly approached the door.

the door cracked open revealing hendery who stood at the door frame, slowly walking in and approaching her.

"i heard some mumbling, i hope you're okay." hendery looked at her with his eyes that screamed out his sincerity, nevertheless you could never tell if he was genuine or not by his expressions, he could just be a born actor.

some may be gifted with the talent of an actor, mastering the skills of facial expression would be a great advantage for the path of life.

vulnerable and innocent people that they stumble upon could be easily tricked under their little perfect plan, trust was a thing that was important in life yet it could be the most painful weapon.

people could trust someone so dearly that once they get backstabbed, they couldn't endure the pain they got shot with, there was a saying that many thought was false until they experienced it.

a saying that passed down, 'everything you see is unreal' and there wasn't a single lie in that sentence, blinded by love and trust many couldn't see the truth.

nothing seemed to be real in this world anymore, this untrustworthy world that consisted people whom seemed even scarier than actual demons. humans are one of the most manipulative beings that ever ceased to exist.

"i just...wanted to check up on you." hendery flashed a smile- his hidden dimples that was almost barely seen. smiling from ear to ear before leaving her bedroom.

"did he hear me...?" she whispered to herself, knowing how much danger she would've been in if he over heard her little conversation with herself.

after all, she was indeed living in that house having her back faced to door and dozing to sleep every night with her senses all shut down every night it would be such an easy kill for them.

in due to that, it would be a wiser choice to keep low and quiet about her discoveries. it would've been bad if they found out.

the lights from outside flicked down to a dim, indicating that the other two was soon going to sleep.

though it was night time and on top of that, she had a long day venturing out in the woods alongside the ones she would very much consider as her friends by now.

well at least she wasn't heartless enough to call them strangers and therefore she considered them her friends.

friends that she had suspicion on especially, she couldn't fully trust them though she wished she could. if they were indeed innocent, she'd feel extremely guilty.

she was still wide awake, her body urged her to move and do something- something adventurous, something that would intrigue her mind and satisfy her curiosity.